Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in need of some guidance, I have read a lot of things on the forum but am still kinda confused. I have been detailing cars for a while, but nothing major with a PC or and steam cleaning. And now that I`m getting bored, I guess I could say bored, I am thinking about purchasing a PC by tonight or tomorrow morning. What i want to be able to do is to remove light swirling and some moderate scratches, I will get pictures in a few, also i want to be able to have a product for the carpets that is fairly easy to use. Lastly i need some better MF`s for removing polishes after using hte PC and, towels that you recommend for the interior, and lastly more applicators.

So what I`m asking for is if some of you guys could put together a plan for light swril removal, Just waxing/polishing a car, and i guess heavy swirl removal with the products you recommend. I`m am trying to stay on a budget as Im only 16 so try and keep the products to some that arn`t 11ty billion dollars

:bounce :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some options for you. I gave you some OTC options to keep it cheap and accessible.

Buffer:

PC or UDM

Polish:

Prima Swirl (made for the PC); Menzerna SIP; Poorboys SSR 2.5

Fine Polish:

Prima Finish (again, made for PC); Menzerna 106FF, Poorboys SSR 1

MF to remove Polish:

Viking Polish towel (Kmart sells them)

MF for all purpose:

Costco cheap yellow MFs

Carpet:

Some people here have used diluted Woolite or APC to "great success". I use professional carpet cleaning solution with an extractor so I don`t know how good either works but someone will chime in.
    May I interest you in my Brazilian wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kapinnn
    Here are some options for you. I gave you some OTC options to keep it cheap and accessible.

Buffer:

PC or UDM

Polish:

Prima Swirl (made for the PC); Menzerna SIP; Poorboys SSR 2.5

Fine Polish:

Prima Finish (again, made for PC); Menzerna 106FF, Poorboys SSR 1

MF to remove Polish:

Viking Polish towel (Kmart sells them)

MF for all purpose:

Costco cheap yellow MFs

Carpet:

Some people here have used diluted Woolite or APC to "great success". I use professional carpet cleaning solution with an extractor so I don`t know how good either works but someone will chime in.
    \

Thanks, i already have about 20 all purpose MF`s from shucks, and i think ill get soem turtle wax Mf`s for removing polish, as one came with my ICE wax and its is really nice.

and than wahts a good wax/glaze to top every thing it with?

FORGOT to add what pad do i use with the polishes you mentioned and i would also like to get just one polish to use with an orange pad for some more difficult swirls

Post Thanks / Like
    Any of the polishes I listed under "Polishes" should work with a LC Orange or Edge Green or Yellow. The fine polishes should be used with LC White or Edge Blue

I really don`t need to use anything thicker than SIP or PB 2.5 or Prima Swirl. If I find that I need something more abbrasive I go with wool on a rotary with Presta Polishes. You can always upgrade to a yellow LC pad or black Edge pad with those same polishes. Just remember that the PC or UDM have their limitations.

A glaze is usually applied after fine polishing and then topped with a wax or sealant. A glaze by itself will disappear in days. That being said, I use Prima Amigo, CG EZ Creme Glaze, or Product X after I . Prod X is almost impossible to find, the other two can be found online. Also remember that not all glazes can be topped with a sealant as it might streak. Glazes are more generally compatible with waxes.

Wax to top it all depends on how much you want to spend. for $15 bucks you can get S100 or PB Natty (White, Blue or Red) and have great results. You can step into the $30-50 range and get CG 5050, CG Pete`s 53, P21S. For $70something range you can get Pinnacle Souveran (great looks, little protection). Anything above that you will be stepping into Zymol/Swissvax territory and I do not have much experience with those. I use Victoria Concours Red Wax a lot. $32 for 3oz. ouch!

If you are looking for protection you might look into a sealant instead of a wax. Most sealants will finish nicely (not as much as a wax) but with great protection. The only expection is the Collinite brand of waxes. They last quite a long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok for a sealant will Klasse AIO work? and wast should mt process be?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quick question, im washing my all purpose MF`s with liquid detergent, on the final rinse how much vinegar should i add, there is about 18 towels and 2 MF applicators.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think ill be getting the following pads:

LC CCS pads:

orange

green

white x2 (or should i get two of somethign else if im going to be using the following chemicals)

black

blue

I thnk I`ll use tthe poor boys products mentioned above along with klasse AIO and then is ther something i should use on top of that or is ther any other suggestions

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are getting the combo deal from Danase I would get them in 5 inch and the following:

Yellow

Orange x2

White x2

Blue

On top of KAIO you can use any wax or sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    shoot, danase dosen`t have SSR 2.5, only ssr1 and ssr2....

Post Thanks / Like
    Go with Optimum Polish and Compound. I should have listed them above as well. they are better than the PB SSRs and less dust. I`d still pick Menzerna over them if price is not an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

i thinks that what ill get then

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great. Since you are getting all that, throw in a four star UPP and a Collinite 845 or Nattys paste wax. Just some LSP in case you don`t have one. Maybe interior stuff as well like leather cleaner and conditioner...

It seems like you are getting the good stuff. Now, practice!

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like
    Whci backing palte for 5" pad should i use

Post Thanks / Like
    No worries... I`m amazed no one else gave you suggestions. Lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information