Post Thanks / Like
    I washed my black Porsche 911 with Optimum car wash, let it dry in the garage for 3 days, followed by Zaino AIO. The next day, I applied Zaino Z-CS, allowed it to dry and the following day reapplied another layer of Z-CS. The car looked great and shiny and I should have stopped there but I used my free sample of Optimum spray wax and low and behold, it left a haze that would not buff out.

I want to remove the wax and the haze without disturbing the Zaino Z-CS. Should I use the Optimum car wash? Is it enough or should I use Dawn which I think should do the job?

Post Thanks / Like
    Try just re-washing the car. Depending where you are the heat and humidty could be playing a factor to hazing.
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    Try just using a QD.

Or dip a MF in very warm water, wring out, then wipe surface.
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a typical behavior of the OCW when you don`t shake it up properly. However, as OCW separates by design, (UV protection & sealant/wax) so it is absolutely essential to shake it up properly.

Shake it, then apply it over itself, and the hazing will be gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bence
    That`s a typical behavior of the OCW when you don`t shake it up properly. However, as OCW separates by design, (UV protection & sealant/wax) so it is absolutely essential to shake it up properly.

Shake it, then apply it over itself, and the hazing will be gone.

wow, thats good to know...I had no idea shaking it was so important. Thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I did shake it up prior to application quite vigorously. Do you think it just doesn`t work well with Zaino Z-CS?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know... It is maybe an incompatibility issue with Z-CS (I have no experience with it), but the description fits perfectly to the aforementioned problem. It can happen that the products separates in the siphon tube, and with the first 2-3 sprays the unmixed liquid comes out. When I finish with my OCW (or any spray type product which is sensitive to separation) application, I spray the last panel with the bottle upside down. This will spray the remaining product out of the tube, and next time I don`t have to bother with separated OCW again.

I`ve never exerienced any problems with OCW and I use it in the 0°C-40°C temp range.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just re-wash normally and the haze should disappear. The haze is most likely just the unleveled OSW and washing will level the product and clarity will return.

If am not mistaken OSW has a Carnuaba component and the haze is probably just the lack of clarity of such compared to previous applied self-leveling CS.

Washing should safely remove haze by leveling OSW. From my experience OSW also works best over sealants that are well cured (> 1 week and has been washed). If you re-apply the OSW after your next wash (~ a week), you shouldn`t have any problems this time if applied using a lighter application.

Thread Information