Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys I got 2 very shallow rock chips and was wondering how would be the best way to fix them. I don`t even think they`ll hold much/if any paint. On one of them i can see a small speck of white which i guess it the primer, the other one is still black (color of the car) but it almost looks like it took out the clearcoat part and what you see is now the paint which is not shiny but more of a dull black.

Again these are minor chips i can barely fit the tip of a toohpick on them, this is why I`m doubting whether they`ll even hold paint.

I got the langka system which Im thinking of trying but since they`re so shallow I think it`ll probably take the paint right back...

I tried some polish (scratchX) but obviously didnt do anything since it`s obviously a cip not just a scratch....

Should I give the langka a shot or should i just dab a toothpick and touch the chips...once. That`s all it would take to fill them and i think even that might be too much....

Thanx!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an array of different sized paint brushes ranging from itsy-bitsy to tinny weeney... I use them to fill in small sized chips like you describe. Never tried a tooth pic but heard people do use them. Good luck. Post some pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, tiny brushes (my current fave is a size 20/0, AKA "twenty-oh") used with magnification (I got a visor with magnifying lenses and it`s *really* handy, not just for detailing).

You might try just using clear on the one chip that`s still black looking.

They might indeed be too shallow for the langka and I bet the "blobs" won`t show too badly anyhow since you`re not talking about applying much paint. I just left the last three blobs of touchup paint I applied to the S8, and I can live with them (at least for now) and they were a *lot* worse than what you`re describing. They were silver too, and your black oughta be much more forgiving.

Thread Information