Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not even sure how to describe this but I will try my best. Please be nice, I am not a professional detailer, just a guy who likes to take good care of his cars.

I have a black 2007 Saturn Vue and a black 2008 Pontiac Solstice. (the color black is probably irrevelavant since this is about windows)

Anyway on both cars when I clean my windows (regardless of the product) the next day I can always see these swirly looking patterns on the side and back windows (probably the ones that are tinted). Driving around I notice the same pattern on other peoples windows as well.

I wish I could think of a better way to describe the windows but I am hoping someone here will get what I am talking about. If I can get a clear picture I will post it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Streakless windows are very difficult to achieve. Make sure you use a clean quality MF that has not been used for anything else. Do not use too much glass cleaner. With a MF, a little cleaner goes a long way. Fold the MF into a square and switch to another side after a window or too. Some like wipe the windows with a dry MF after cleaner, however, I find a dry MF grabs too much on windows. If you are using just the correct amount of glass cleaner, it should evaporate without residue. A lot of the streaking is caused be the off gassing of the plastic pieces on the interior of the car and to some extent low quality protectants. In some cases the windows may need to be cleaned twice to achieve a streak free shine. The real way to streakless windows is to use a squeegee, but that is not easy on the interior of a car.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    He`s talking about a circly pattern thing.. I know what you mean, no idea what it is.. always thought it was part of the window...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jedovaty
    He`s talking about a circly pattern thing.. I know what you mean, no idea what it is.. always thought it was part of the window...

Yes that is what I am talking about. It only shows up on the side and back windows, never the windshield. The window can be perfectly clean and they still show up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I`m a bit confused. Do you mean that dotted pattern that you see on the rear glass on some cars? I don`t remember ever seeing any "swirly" things on windows except for dirty windows

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebai1990
    Okay, I`m a bit confused. Do you mean that dotted pattern that you see on the rear glass on some cars? I don`t remember ever seeing any "swirly" things on windows except for dirty windows

I suppose you could call it a dotted pattern but I see it on the passenger and driver side windows as well as the back window. Never on the windshield. Just guessing but those windows are usually tinted, so is that the problem?

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I have seen it on my sisters 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer on the back window this dot pattern and they aren`t tinted. Shows especially when the windows a clean.

Working at car wash I have also seen it on brand new cars.

To be honest I don`t know what it is and how it could be fixed but it is very common on new cars for some reason and not shore if it`s a defect in the glass and maybe it can be replaced under warranty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kastanaras
    Actually I have seen it on my sisters 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer on the back window this dot pattern and they aren`t tinted. Shows especially when the windows a clean.

Working at car wash I have also seen it on brand new cars.

To be honest I don`t know what it is and how it could be fixed but it is very common on new cars for some reason and not shore if it`s a defect in the glass and maybe it can be replaced under warranty.

I agree it only typically shows up on windows after they have been cleaned. I hope it is not a defect as I see it on many other cars as well. Perhaps it is a particular chemical in specific windows cleaners?

I used the Armour All window wipes and then applied RainX to the outside of the windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    It may be a polarization type effect? And it`s only visible from certain angles.

Gotta love those curves
    Post Thanks / Like
    it may be tiny bubbles under the window tint???

i notice these on the side & rear glass after a clean-up.

whether they`re the remnants of the tint application or the start of "bubbling" film, i don`t really know, but they are tiny round specks on some cars...

if it`s a multi rainbow colored pattern on the glass, you may see them when wearing polarised glasses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Billy,

Are you wearing polarized eye glasses when you see these? Do they look slightly red and green if so? I do notice that when I`m wearing my polarizes glasses. I`d say about 75% of the cars have it with my glasses on. I find it a lot harder to see them if I`m not wearing the glasses but still see on 5% or so of the cars. My guess is that it has something to do with the glass treatment they do. I have also never noticed this on windshields and have noticed them on non-tinted windows.
    May I interest you in my Brazilian wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    If I`m right about the dotted pattern thing, I believe I`ve noticed it on a lot of rear windows, especially on high end cars like Mercedes Benz and BMW`s. I`ve also noticed it on the back of our 1993 Acura as well, though...

Post Thanks / Like
    Does it look like this?

May I interest you in my Brazilian wax?

Show Car Shiner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kids,

That`s what happens when you do drugs. :cooleek:

Looks like bad glass manufacturing to me.

Derrick

Post Thanks / Like
    ^LMAO.

However, wearing polarized sunglasses, I see that in just about every window.
    2013 Mazda 3 Skyactiv Sedan

2005 Mazda 3 2.3 Sportback

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information