Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, folks. I`ll spare you the story, but my car spent its day sitting next to a freshly painted auto that was being compounded. As a result, my vehicle is covered in compounding dust. I lightly grazed a high-knap MF over the dust and I think that I picked up most of it.

Is it safe to do a quick detail and not worry about the dust from compounding effecting the LSP on my car? What is a good way to go about removing the compounding dust short of washing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless you`re ready to polish it your best bet is to wash it.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s what I was afraid of. I finished a full detail day before yesterday. This said, I just got done washing the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hint for the next time: I just ONR as I go.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if you have the same kind of luck i have. Every time i detail MY car something happens within a week.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would just wash it. More then likely dust got into crevices and what not that simply wiping wont reach. 90% of the time when I do a full polishing session on a car I will re-wash the car before wax to remove all polishing/compounding dust.
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NickelPlated.45
    I wonder if you have the same kind of luck i have. Every time i detail MY car something happens within a week.

Ain`t that the truth! Last time I did a full detail, my wife and I went to a dinner party that evening. The host`s street was being worked on by the city`s sanitation department digging-up the old sewer pipes. When I looked at my car next morning, it was covered in mud. Not just a lot of dirt, but clumps of mud. Come to think of it, mud may be the better alternative compared to dust from compounding.

To make matters more (errr...) interesting, when I looked at my carbon fiber trunk lid in bright sun, I noticed some micro scratches. Of course, they weren`t there two days ago. So, today I`ll polish the lid (again) and re-apply the glaze and LSP. Our intended weather forecast? Rain, rain rain, for the next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, just wash it. I`m mean, you`re gonna do a wash every two weeks (at least I hope ), and it`ll just take you 40-50 minutes max.

Thread Information