Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

I was wondering what is the best product to use/method to polish my satin chrome rims on my 07 Mercury Mountaineer ( they are stock 18`` rims). The car is new, but I want to know what is the best product to use to keep them looking tip top

Thanks,

Chris C
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not really familiar with the Merc wheels, but my guess is that they are probably a clear coated finish, not chrome. If thats the case just use your preferred polish or glaze to keep them looking good.
    dylan von kleist | technical director & product development | adam`s premium car care
    e: dylan@adamspolishes.com | toll free: [866] 965 - 0400 | shop online at adamspolishes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to give wheelwax a try. I have had success with 3M body shop cleanup for cleaning the brake dust off of my stock silver painted wheels, but when I upgrade I may not be able to use it, it`s not for chrome or uncoated wheels. I have used Liquid Glass but it seems to break down from the excess heat from the wheels.
    1995 BMW 540i 6-Speed

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been having great luck with Klasse AIO and SG on RIMS (painted, powdercoated and chromed --- different vehicles).

The AIO is the final step in cleaning them and adding some protection and the SG is additional protection. I can go at least a month in between applications and I`m using soap and water weekly to clean the wheels (sometimes I use ONR mixed as QD).

Sometimes I will top with AW in between. It makes the wheels that much slicker and less prone to allowing contaminants to bond to the surface in between cleanings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you looking for a polish or a protective wax? For a protective wax, KAIO+SG, Wheelwax, Collinite 845/476S would work well since they are very durable.

Thread Information