Post Thanks / Like
    Hey yall, I`m new here and have a few questions. I just got a black 03` Cobra and caught the detail bug. So I`ve got a PC and some Poorboys SSR 2.5/1, Clearcoat RMG, and Natty`s Red on order. What I need to know is, will either of the SSR`s get the oxidation out of my Dad`s Sequoia? Also, is the white paint a single stage?

About the NR, I see some of yall are having a hard time removing it. Exactly how thin of a coat do you have to put on, and can it be buffed off with a MF bonnet on the PC?

Thanks for the help.

btw, this forum has lots of cool info that is very helpful, but also makes me feel like an even bigger noob, lol

I did search "oxidation" and "white", but couldn`t find any answers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any help would be great!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think the SSR2.5 would be effective on oxidation. Why not just give it a try and see how it works?:up

Post Thanks / Like
    This really isn`t a direct answer any of your questions but check out this thread... A Lesson From White Paint

Very interesting write up.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    God I hate detailing white paint.
    dylan von kleist | technical director & product development | adam`s premium car care
    e: dylan@adamspolishes.com | toll free: [866] 965 - 0400 | shop online at adamspolishes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote : God I hate detailing white paint. - ME TOO BRO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan06SS
    +2

I`m pretty sure the 2.5 will polish out any oxidation your dad`s car might have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 03blksnk
    Hey yall, I`m new here and have a few questions. I just got a black 03` Cobra and caught the detail bug. So I`ve got a PC and some Poorboys SSR 2.5/1, Clearcoat RMG, and Natty`s Red on order. What I need to know is, will either of the SSR`s get the oxidation out of my Dad`s Sequoia? Also, is the white paint a single stage?

About the NR, I see some of yall are having a hard time removing it. Exactly how thin of a coat do you have to put on, and can it be buffed off with a MF bonnet on the PC?

Thanks for the help.

btw, this forum has lots of cool info that is very helpful, but also makes me feel like an even bigger noob, lol

I did search "oxidation" and "white", but couldn`t find any answers.

Sounds like you should be in good shape with the products you have ordered to do what you are wanting to do. As far as how thin, I apply my products very thin. I use about 1 ounce of product per step to do my whole truck with. When you can just barely see it, then you are using the right amount.

I would start with SSR1 and work my up until I found a combination that will do the job. As far as the white being single stage, I would put some SSR1 on a terry cloth and rub in a spot that is not noticeable such as under the door sills. When you do this, if you have white paint on the cloth it is more than likely single stage paint, if not then it is probably bc/cc paint. Of course, it could also be oxidized paint that you are removing.

Hope this helps you out some. Any more questions feel free to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan06SS

I used to hate detailing white paint, and then I bought a white Toyota Tundra DC. Now that I have detailed it so many time I cannot count, white is easy to detail and to get it to look "right." It is just like black except at the other end of the color spectrum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks yall. I had not ordered my supplies at the time I wrote the post, so I was trying to figure out if I needed to order another product. Thaks again for the replies. Perfection is not the goal with my dad`s paint. I just want to remove the oxidation and give it some protection. My car, on the other hand, I want to give it the full works. I`ll post pics of befor and after when I`m done.

Thread Information