Post Thanks / Like
    I am planning to detail my guards red Porsche Boxster S this weekend. About a month ago I did clay, Menzerna FPII - glaze - 1x FMJ. This weekend I going to use FPII in only a small handfull of spots and then what ????

Zymol HD Cleanse followed by either Zymol Vintage, Destiny, Atlantique, Titanium. The Vintage, Destiny, and Atlantique are still part of my sample pack. I just got the Titantium this week and don`t have any experience with it yet OR . . .

CG 2x WMF & 1-2x Jetseal 109.

Jetseal on my daily driver has been holding up pretty good (outlasted FMJ on the same car). I also don`t have experience with WMF yet and am curious on what this does. The CG route will take longer due to waiting between applications whereas I can apply Zymol wax right after wiping off HD.

Decisions decisions. Which way would you guys go? I am looking for that deep wet look and protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sinbad
    Zymol HD Cleanse followed by either Zymol Vintage, Destiny, Atlantique, Titanium. The Vintage, Destiny, and Atlantique are still part of my sample pack. I just got the Titantium this week and don`t have any experience with it yet OR . . .

Decisions decisions. Which way would you guys go? I am looking for that deep wet look and protection.
    I`m assuming that this is not a daily driver and is garage kept. So . . . after the HD Cleanse, use any of your Estate Glazes for the deepest and wettest look.

BTW . . . I plan to get a Boxster S. How is the orange peel on those? When I get mine, I plan to color sand with 3000 and then polish with OP and PO106FF. Followed by HD Cleanse and LSP with Vintage (of course). Let me know what you decide to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Am I assuming correctly from the "not a daily driver" comment, that the estate products aren`t very durable.

Have FMJ now, and not dissatisfied, but thinking about what other sealant I might try, PB, Collinite, Duragloss 105.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LazerRed1
    Am I assuming correctly from the "not a daily driver" comment, that the estate products aren`t very durable.

Have FMJ now, and not dissatisfied, but thinking about what other sealant I might try, PB, Collinite, Duragloss 105.
    It’s not that they are not durable. In fact, they are VERY durable especially when you start layering them. Just take a look at all of the Vintage reviews. My point was that since it’s not a daily driver, why not use the better waxes? Save the less expensive products for the daily drivers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the Boxster is mostly garage kept. I usually only drive it on the weekends and some evenings when I have time. I`ve owned it for almost 4 years and it has less than 8,000 miles total. The only issue I have is that guards red is a pigmented clear coat and not a straight clear coat. This color is a scratch magnet.

I was planning on the Zymol route. I have used the sample pack estate waxes several times when first getting the car which was second hand with dull swirled paint. When I bought my PC (after joining Autopia) and was able to remove most of the imperfections using Menzerna products, I figured PC application of sealants would be better. Hence, my quest for sealants giving same look of Zymol estate waxes which better temperature protection.

I started with FMJ to stay within the Menzerna line. FMJ is on the Boxster right now and it didn`t give the look I remember FMJ gave before. I believe FMJ has a shelf life and I have exceeded it. I bought CG WMF and Jetseal as FMJ alternate. So far, I have only used Jetseal on my Nissan Murano daily and am impressed with ease of application (very similar to FMJ) and durability so far.

Since I has to order HD Cleanse, I ordered Zymol Titanium (just in case I didn`t have enough of the sample pack left).

That`s why I figured to let you guys chime in on HD Cleanse with Zymol estate glaze topper vs. CG WMF/Jetseal combo. I only have the energy to do one right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Since I has to order HD Cleanse, I ordered Zymol Titanium (just in case I didn`t have enough of the sample pack left).
    Just my 2 cents . . . Titanium is a good wax, apply it by hand. Since it’s a nicer car, I would have sprung for the Concours instead of the Titanium or just get the Carbon and save a few $$$. You’ll will get good results from the Titanium. I have several tubs of Concours and Ital left and I love using them while waiting for my Vintage to get refilled.

I got rid of an `88 924S a few years ago - black. I wish I would have kept it to try out different products on it. For now, I dream about the guards red Boxster S or maybe Metropol Blue, or maybe . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t consider the Concours until after I already ordered the Titanium. I think I spent about $60.00 for the Titanium and Concours is listed around $160.00. When I deplete Titanium and balance estate sample pack, I will probably order the Concours just to have Zymol in stock and onhand. The only thing I am not looking to is the HD Cleanse part.

There are so many choices on glazes, waxes, sealants - enough to make your head spin. Just when I think I got a perfect setup for me, my eye wanders for other products - the disease of being an Autopian.

I am curious to what CG WMF will do. I know that Jetseal as an LSP will provide durable protection. The only question is how will it look differently compared to Zymol. Without trying both setups, I guess there is now way to for sure.

FYI: The Boxster S is a fun car. I joined the PCA (Porsche Club of America) and have gone to their driver education track and autocross events. The Boxster handles like a go-kart and is an awesome buy in the used market. I bought mine about 3 years old with 912 miles (yes, less than thousand miles) at less than half the sticker price.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are so many choices on glazes, waxes, sealants - enough to make your head spin. Just when I think I got a perfect setup for me, my eye wanders for other products - the disease of being an Autopian.

FYI: The Boxster S is a fun car. I joined the PCA (Porsche Club of America) and have gone to their driver education track and autocross events. The Boxster handles like a go-kart and is an awesome buy in the used market. I bought mine about 3 years old with 912 miles (yes, less than thousand miles) at less than half the sticker price.
    That`s why I`m looking to the Boxster S. Much less than a 911 and let`s face it, are you really gonna use the back seats in a 911? I mean I`d love to have a 911 but in reality, the Boxster is more bang for the buck for a weekend/fun car. Like you, I am looking to purchase mine used.

FYI - On darker cars (since you mentioned sealants) particularly cars that are not mine (since I know my friend`s won`t take care of it properly) I like to use KAIO with Vintage as an LSP. Try it with your Titanium, I`m sure you`ll like the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used my brother in laws Zymol carbon before on my 96 Impala SS and it looked great. It just won`t last more than a couple of weeks on a car left outdoors maybe a month indoors. I love the look of Zymol waxes but I`m just not into waxing every two weeks. I use Collinite 845 Insulator wax every 6 months and it seems to be just fine. I`m lazy, I want the Zymol look with Collinite durability. I wish it was possible. Good luck with your regimen.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never gauged the durability of Zymol estate waxes when previously used. I am pretty sure I got a couple of months out if it during our Chicago summers. My wife will help me out so I don`t have to constantly clean Zymol off my hands to remove. I never used to let anyone help (we Autopians can get a little neurotic on the way things should be done). I am more open to getting help now and figure I can correct things on next detail if need be.

I have Colonite Par D`Elegance and love its durability and wish it looked like Zymol as well.

I will likely go Zymol route this time and note its durability. If it doesn`t last very long, then I will use CG WMF/Jetseal next.

FYI: My neighbor has a 911 and I have driven it a couple of times. I find the Boxster is a little more fun to drive and better balanced since being a mid-engine. You can push the Boxster a little more than a 911 in the corners. You can literally toss this car around and feel safe. I took a Skip Barber performance driving course to learn heel-toe shifting and safely driving at perfromance limits. The nose end thru front seats in the 911 and Boxster are identical. The Boxster S evens shares the same 6 speed transmission in the year I have. I installed a short shift kit (oem), carbon fiber shift knob and e-brake. The short shift reduced the throws by about 30-40%. I would highly recommend this car to anyone as I have enjoyed it tremendously.

Thread Information