Post Thanks / Like
    Need some help from the experts out there. I screwed up installing some windshield molding with Urethane Windshield adhesive. Well, now I need to replace it and I cannot get the adhesive off. This stuff is very tenacious and has resisted just about everything I have thrown at it. Acetone, Alcohol, 3M Adhesive Remover, bug and Tar remover, goo gone, etc... The best so far actually is WD-40 and elbow grease. It there anything that is safe on clearcoat that will help remove the Urethane adhesive?

Appreciate the help,

Drew.

Post Thanks / Like
    Get one of these and a cordless drill, or corded. It doesn`t matter. They can be bought at carquest of online. This one is the 3M Pinstripe Remover.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter
    Need some help from the experts out there. I screwed up installing some windshield molding with Urethane Windshield adhesive. Well, now I need to replace it and I cannot get the adhesive off. This stuff is very tenacious and has resisted just about everything I have thrown at it. Acetone, Alcohol, 3M Adhesive Remover, bug and Tar remover, goo gone, etc... The best so far actually is WD-40 and elbow grease. It there anything that is safe on clearcoat that will help remove the Urethane adhesive?

Appreciate the help,

Drew.

You could also try calling a tint shop and asking a tech there. They deal with the stuff all day long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies. I talked to the local body shop today. They indicated that the pinstripe remover may do the trick, but to be careful about overheating it. They also indicated that a little bit of compound would get it coming up. Once it is down to a residue use a good wax or adhesive remover to get the rest up. The new molding is on order, we will see what happens when it gets here.

Post Thanks / Like
    At our shop we use Essex Urethane Cleaner if we get any urethane on cars or moldings.
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Thread Information