Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a set of CCW SP20A wheels last year for my `06 Vette.

It has been a real struggle to keep those wheels clean.

I have water spots/stains on them and just can`t get them off. :hairpull

I called CCW and they told me to clean them with "Aluminum Wash" but all it did was clean any dust and dirt the wheels had. The water spots are still there.

Anyone has a good cleaner they would recommend to clean the spots? :secret

If and when I get them clean, I thought of applying several coats of Rejex to keep the water off as much as possible.

Another idea I had (and I don`t know if it is possible) was to chrome dip the wheels after they are clean.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :thx

Lou

Post Thanks / Like
    Are these wheels bare or clearcoated?

If they are clearcoated, you can just treat them like you would your paint by using paint polishes and protectants.

If they are bare, you will need a metal polish, and then seal them with a protectant afterwards.

Also, something like a Mother`s Powerball helps a lot to take the work out of polishing wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou G
    I bought a set of CCW SP20A wheels last year for my `06 Vette.

It has been a real struggle to keep those wheels clean.

I have water spots/stains on them and just can`t get them off. :hairpull

I called CCW and they told me to clean them with "Aluminum Wash" but all it did was clean any dust and dirt the wheels had. The water spots are still there.

Anyone has a good cleaner they would recommend to clean the spots? :secret

If and when I get them clean, I thought of applying several coats of Rejex to keep the water off as much as possible.

Another idea I had (and I don`t know if it is possible) was to chrome dip the wheels after they are clean.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :thx

Lou

Is your car a daily driver.......(does it see rain on a regular basis)....?

If so, your going to have to stay on top of the situation. I run with CCW Classics (full polished) and they aren`t a problem because my car is a fair weather, weekend warrior. I use a three step process a few times a year. I start with mothers power metal, then hit them with mothers Billet. After the shine it`s time to protect them with Zaino or Rejex, all by hand. If your wheels are getting dirty or wet daily, your going to have to keep them as clean as you can to maintain that shine. Wipe them down at night and hit them on the weekends. Chrome is a possibility, it`s not cheap though.

btw.....SP20a`s look really good, especially on your vette.........

Good luck.....:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    i just installed ccw t-10`s on my ride about a week ago. i used this metal polish called zephyr pro40 metal polish, you can google it to find the site, 8.50 for 8oz.`s. i applyed it with the mini power ball, not time consuming, maybe 20 minutes a wheel. the y came out really nice, thn i sealed them with pb`s wheel sealant x3 and they look great. i highly recommend using the pb`s wheel sealant because it`s formulated to withstand the heat that rims just generate from the use of the brakes. brake dust comes off with car wash soap and water, no harsh chemicals. seal them about once a month and you should be home free. :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    The wheels are not clearcoated. I like the idea of Mother`s power ball. Will give it a try. I`ll also check out the zephyr pro40.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Really appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Zephyr pro 40 is pretty impressive but will not correct much in the way of corrosion. The powerball is a good addition but, remember to let the polish do the work at high speed, not pressure. If you need minor cutting ability try turtle wax chrome & metal polish and the mini powerball with the extender for extra control.

I`ll post some results with turtlewax and the mini powerball on bare aluminum, when I can figure out the problem with posting images here with my phone lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brasso might be worth considering. Cheap and easy to find.

Thread Information