Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Black 2007 HHR. Im currently use Pinnacle advanced polish and final polish. Im using a pc7424. Everything seems to be going pretty well but im not sure about this polish or if my clearcoat is very hard. Everthing looks great until I get really close to the paint with a work light and I see all these random scratches. Im working the polish for a good while and nothing. Im using LC pads. Orange and white.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    if youre properly breaking down the polish and not achieving the results you want youre obvious answer would be to take a step up in aggressiveness. either pad or product one of the two needs to be more abrassive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I figured anywhere from 3-5 minutes of breakdown would be enough? If I need to step up to something else I want something that will breakdown fairly quick and can breakdown down enough to not need a final step.

SIP? I heard some talk on that.

Post Thanks / Like
    ern- Removing marring from hard clear, with the PC, can be tough.

I`d get some 4" pads and some fairly aggressive product for the initial work. I used H-T Extreme Cut on both yellow and orange 4" pads and they`d do it on my GM. Took a long time though, with multiple passes.

IME the PC with larger pads just doesn`t get it done, although others have been able to do incredible work that way. With the smaller pads, it can be so aggressive that you have to be a little careful, which is more in line with what`s called for here.

The good news is that if you`re not getting the marring out, then you`re not taking off too much clear

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Accumulator! I think ill be looking at some 4" pads! I just gave up it was soooo stubborn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are 5" pads a little more safer and ok to use? Or just stick with the 4" pads?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know the answer to that ^^^ but if you can only see it with a work light up close then maybe you should just throw some glaze over it and seal it in? I`ve some really deep scratches too but they`re only visible in very limited conditions so I`m just living with them. Of course I`m not as hardcore as most people here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whats glazed used for anyways. Never used it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glaze products are meant to hide the marring. After a few washes they usually wash off.

Post Thanks / Like
    ern- I used 5" pads back in the day when the PC first got popular for this stuff. They`re safer than the 4" pads all right...too much so

The added aggressiveness of the 4" pads, the same thing that means you have to be careful, is what makes them so effective. It`s not like you need to worry, just remember to take things easy...it`s better to go over an area three times gently than one time not-so-gently.

The problem with glazes (just IMO) is that they generally only hide the sort of light marring that`s not too hard to eliminate anyhow. But I *do* like some polishes that act "glaze-like" so it`s not like I don`t see the benefits of such products.

Thread Information