Post Thanks / Like
    I`m about to order some pads and I see LC has a gray finessing pad and a blue finishing pad. The last two cars I`ve detailed I just used the finessing pad that came with the kit and it seemed to come out great. I`m using Optimum Compound, Polish, and Opti-Seal. I just want to know if you guys would recommend the use of a finishing pad for any reason, in addition to or instead of the gray pad.

Also, where`s the cheapest place to purchase 6.5" LC pads?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Link
    I`m about to order some pads and I see LC has a gray finessing pad and a blue finishing pad. The last two cars I`ve detailed I just used the finessing pad that came with the kit and it seemed to come out great. I`m using Optimum Compound, Polish, and Opti-Seal. I just want to know if you guys would recommend the use of a finishing pad for any reason, in addition to or instead of the gray pad.
    I got the Optimum detailing kit with ccs pads from AG, is that what you got? I found the gray pad to be fine with the PoliSeal. I did order a blue pad separately but I use that just for my 106ff. I don`t know, maybe the different colors help me to keep track of stuff. Sorry if this reply didn`t help :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    The gray pad seemed to work fine for me too. I ordered mine just before the CCS pads came so I haven`t tried them yet, but I plan on ordering them. Danese has a killer deal on the 5" pads but I have a 5" backing plate and I don`t want to order another one since for the cost of it I could just purchase the 6.5" pads.

I also need to correct what I said in the original post, it is PoliSeal I`m using.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Link

Also, where`s the cheapest place to purchase 6.5" LC pads?
    You used the finessing pad only on both of you last details? I`m assuming the cars were both in great condition, just needed a layer of protection?

Whenever I`m applying an LSP by machine I use the finishing pad, mine is a red ccs smartpad from CMA. I would suggest you get a finishing pad for the same reason.
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Post Thanks / Like
    I got all the new LC CCS Pads including those 2,

I use the grey one or as it seems black to apply Glazes to my cars paint,

and the blue one for the LSP on top carnauba that was or a sealant.

the grey seems like has more grip to it and it sure does work in the product more

than the blue does, which is good enough to apply a glaze with to hide minor imperfections

and then LSP with the Blue which is more gentle to Apply LSP on top of the Glaze.

Please anyone correct me if I am wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rkf76
    You used the finessing pad only on both of you last details? I`m assuming the cars were both in great condition, just needed a layer of protection?

Whenever I`m applying an LSP by machine I use the finishing pad, mine is a red ccs smartpad from CMA. I would suggest you get a finishing pad for the same reason.

Sorry, I meant I didn`t use a blue pad. I used orange, white, then gray.

What does LSP stand for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Joey Link- LSP= Last Step Product (i.e., the "wax").

I don`t use as wide a range of pads as some people, I usually get by with broad cateories like you are. But I`ll readily admit that there are pad/product/application combos that are *optimal* and others that are merely OK.

Other than the amount of cut that the pad imparts (and finessing/finishing pads presumably don`t contribute *any* cut of their own), IMO this is just a matter of matching the pad to the product in a way that the user likes, in other words, personal preference.

When it comes to final polishing via rotary, I can see how the pad/product combo could become more crucial though.

Thread Information