Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    So I heard a new one today that nearly floored me. I was not prepared for this at all.

A potential client calls me up and says she has 2 cars she wants me to detail regularly for her. An X5 and an XK8.

So far so good, I ask her if she needs a full paint correction first to get things rolling. She says no.

No problem so far.

"So all you need is a wash and a wax, then bi weekly washes?" She says "No, my cars never need to be waxed, I bought this package at the dealership and they told me I never have to wax my car again"

Man, I didnt know what to say to that. I really didnt.

So anyone ever hear of this new "package" that dealerships are selling to poor unsuspecting consumers?

Jim
    2004 Dodge Dakota SXT

Currently Wearing: Scottwax`s Famous Pink Moose, JW AJT, JW AG

Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic Oil (What a difference!)

Post Thanks / Like
    So why did she call you again?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kleraudio

A potential client calls me up and says she has 2 cars she wants me to detail regularly for her. An X5 and an XK8.

Jim

(10 character limit)
    2004 Dodge Dakota SXT

Post Thanks / Like
    Supagard or Diamonbrite. Every time I go to buy a car the salesman offers me one of these "wonder sealants" for like $600 - $700. "It`ll never need waxing, dirt just rolls off...yadda, yadda, yadda" .

A quick explanation of what I spend my spare time doing usually sends them scurrying for cover.
    Mini Cooper S - Laser Blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Unreal that they can get people to buy this stuff. Oh well, I tried explaining to her that it *will* wear off and her paint *will* need protection. But she wasnt having it.

Oh well, I tried.

Jim
    2004 Dodge Dakota SXT

Post Thanks / Like
    its called you can see now or you can see me later.Your choice.Difference is later is gonna cost you a whole lot more than now. LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea that would have been a good one. Ive never found myself speechless before. I just didnt know what to say to that. I ended up telling her in a nice way that she got ripped off and she *will* need a wax. Maybe not now, but she will.

Anyways, she thought I was wrong and that she *never* again needed to wax. I was at my part time job and didnt have the time to deal with it.

I also dont carry my own power so I couldnt do the job at her office complex anyways.

I took down her name and number and said I would refer her to someone in the area.

Anyone in Tampa want 2 regular details? No wax of course...

Let me know.

Jim
    2004 Dodge Dakota SXT

Post Thanks / Like
    So I heard a new one today that nearly floored me. I was not prepared for this at all.

So far so good, I ask her if she needs a full paint correction first to get things rolling. She says no.

No problem so far.

"So all you need is a wash and a wax, then bi weekly washes?" She says "No, my cars never need to be waxed, I bought this package at the dealership and they told me I never have to wax my car again"

So anyone ever hear of this new "package" that dealerships are selling to poor unsuspecting consumers?

Jim

Yup, I`ve heard of this "package", but this one gets even better. Check out these poor souls:

Forums -> Teflon Coating

Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbor came over this weekend while I was detailing the wifes` Envoy. Said his new Nissan was never going to need waxing!! I was like "UH"? He bought the "Paint Protection Package" for a mere $480.00 ! :shocked So while I was waxing mine he would be golfing..... Told me the sales guy said "Guaranteed" for 5 years!!! OMG, I couldn`t believe he did it.... Can`t wait to see him get the paint fixed with the Guarantee.

And there was NO telling him it was crap.... Oh well we shall see who`s paint looks better in a couple years... His new Altima or my new Titan and 5 year old Envoy.....

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a way to make more profit from people, all these folks don`t know any better than my dog, my next door neighbor paid for one of these special packages and oxidation is so bad and no shine at all, and he told me that dealer won`t even do anything for him, because it`s a warranty between him and the company that did the work on his car(company out of business). That is the way the dealer gets off on any warranty work on the finish of his car. My wife almost got sucker in on one of these packages and i told the dealer that I`m not paying one cent for that! (lucky for her it was not in the buyers order and contract), just my 2 cents. I do feel sorry for these people but Like they say a sucker born every minute.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    These lifetime packages have been around for years.

One thing I have noticed with many if not all of them is that they include a bottle of the product for you to use if needed. They also recommend that the vehicle be "refreshed" at their facility once or twice a year.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    , and she believed that??? Well I guess yah....

No problem so far.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    that`s horrible, someone needs to send a link to autopia over there, educate dem fools.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ agree....

Post Thanks / Like
    Tell her you use a special "no wax wax" for the "no wax" cars.

Maybe ask for for some information on the "system" she has then read the fine print to her. I wouldn`t tell her she got ripped off but rather steer her in the right direction.
    Scott

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information