Post Thanks / Like
    I currently use at deep pile MF wash mitt with Eagle One wash, two bucket method, etc.

What I want to know is: how much pressure should I apply to the car with the mitt?

I have a feeling I`m scrubbing too much and too hard.

Post Thanks / Like
    You should apply as little pressure as you can. You should never scrub the paint if at all possible, although sometimes you are forced when you have to get off a bird poop or something like that. Still, you should only scrub that very small area.

Post Thanks / Like
    I try not to push down with the mitt as I am washing and use the weight of the wet mitt to apply the pressure. I use smooth linear motion, not quick, jerky ones or circular patterns.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks very much.

So, then how long does a typical wash take?

I feel once I adopt this technique, it`ll take half the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskate
    Thanks very much.

So, then how long does a typical wash take?

I feel once I adopt this technique, it`ll take half the time.

Well, it depends. On a larger vehicle it usually takes 30-45 mins. for washing. Then for an average size car it shouldn`t take you longer than 45mins. Just don`t rub hard on your paint. Water your car really good to remove dust/dirt then just glide your MF towel. I just slide my towel and never put any pressure when using it.

Post Thanks / Like
    snowskate- Virtually no pressure at all. Fill the mitt with wash solution, hold the cuff shut, and gently whisk it across the paint while the solution seeps out. IF something requires "scrubbing", I remove it, *VERY GENTLY* with Sonus green clay instead.

And if any wash-induced marring is more than a fraction of an inch long, you oughta adjust how you move your wash media across the paint.

I won`t even get into how long it takes me to wash...by the time I do the wheelwells and undercarriage most normal folks would be finished with the whole vehicle And the last time I timed the final drying (blowing water out of nooks and crannies with the air compressor to prevent drips, etc.), that alone took me over half an hour.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you are doing a great job already. Don`t forget to use a quality microfiber to dry.

For me, doing tires, wells, windows, and drying with a traditional car wash takes me about an hour.

Thread Information