Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using Armor All Extreme Tire Shine on my tires. It uses an applicator and, at first, leaves a very nice shine. However, after a few days of being driven, the Armor All attracts dust like crazy and leaves a very unappealing residue all over. This really irritates me when I have detailed the neighbor`s Escalade ESV and it begins to look like that. Also, my personal vehicle is a Liberty with BFG All Terrain tires which have a very aggressive sidewall that is difficult to get into the grooves. I am not looking to buy a ten gallon bucket or anything as I don`t do enough detailing to justify the cost. I also like a very shiny tire.
    2013 Mazda 3 Skyactiv Sedan

2005 Mazda 3 2.3 Sportback

Post Thanks / Like
    That has not been my experience with AA Extreme Gel. Before I use it the tire gets a spray of AA Tire Foam as another level of cleaning and a base for the AA Gel. The AA Extreme Gel comes out shinning as much as my expensive boutique High Gloss Gel, doesn`t sling, doesn`t attract dust, and has fair durability. May be worth a try. The tire foam might help with some of the grooves in your tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you live in a non-VOC state, Top of the Line`s products are the way to go - their Tire Cleaner followed by their Wet Look Tire Dressing (or Grape if you like just a hair less shine) are the best I`ve tried - and I`ve used a lot.

If you`re in the people`s republics of california, new jersey, new york, and 5 or so others, The Chemical Guy`s Liquid Extreme Shine is a great product - works on trim too, but it has a little tendency to sling. Stuff lasts *forever*.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie
    That has not been my experience with AA Extreme Gel. Before I use it the tire gets a spray of AA Tire Foam as another level of cleaning and a base for the AA Gel. The AA Extreme Gel comes out shinning as much as my expensive boutique High Gloss Gel, doesn`t sling, doesn`t attract dust, and has fair durability. May be worth a try. The tire foam might help with some of the grooves in your tires.

Oh wow, I never thought of that. Thanks, I appreciate it. I`ll give it a try this afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie

x2!

I do the exact same thing with my tires. First I use regular wash soap and a tire brush to scrub the tire. Then after it dries I apply the Tire Foam. Once that is dry, I apply the tire shine gel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could the problem be that the tire isn`t clean enough before you put a coat of the AA on it? I have the AA Tire Foam, but would hesitate to call it a strong cleaner. I use EO All Wheel and Tire Cleaner(fantastic product) to give my tires a deep clean, then apply AA Tire Foam and buff it off(I like a matte finish,) and never notice it attracting dust/grime/slinging off. I`ve also heard that different products affect some tire brands differently than tires manufactured by other companies. Confusing.. Product A may work on Tire A extremely well, but Product A may affect Tire B in a completely different manner. So I guess it`s more of a `try lots of products out until you find what works for you` type of thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchase Mother`s Tire & Rubber cleaner, But haven`t tried it yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, Westleys bleach white works great for REALLY dirty tires, I just spray it on and let it dwell for a minute or two and then blast off with a pressure washer and bam theyre perfectly ready for dressing.

Although it is a bit strong, so you may want to use a wheel-shield so it does not harm your wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi-Temp`s Tire Cleaner if you want the finest in tire cleaning. Dilutes 1:1, works awesome, and not to expensive either.

Post Thanks / Like
    For cleaning, Eagle One All Wheel & Tire Cleaner is great.

Post Thanks / Like
    For cleaning, Eagle One All Wheel & Tire Cleaner is great.
    You can literally see the filth oozing off of the tires after you apply it, and its safe for your wheels too. I use that and rinse off, then follow up with 303 aerospace on the tires. I like 303 because its got a nice matte new looking finish instead of being real shiny. Lasts pretty well too.

Post Thanks / Like
    not to mention... if you buy one of the newer bottles, you get 32oz for the price of the 26oz bottle! :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dshreter
    You can literally see the filth oozing off of the tires after you apply it, and its safe for your wheels too. I use that and rinse off, then follow up with 303 aerospace on the tires. I like 303 because its got a nice matte new looking finish instead of being real shiny. Lasts pretty well too.

303 aerospace? Could you please explain that? I`m still learning lol. I`m going to try to the tire spray followed by Armor All Extreme the next time I wash it and detail it. Unfortunately, I lost track of time last night and had plans with the family, so it only got tire spray. I`m also going to buy the Eagle One and give that a shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got my Top of the line (Hi-temp) tire cleaner.

I must say this is the best stuff I`ve used. I bought 2 gallons worth. After you factor in dillution, it`s about $10 shipped per gallon.

I have found the cleaner i`ve always been looking for

Post Thanks / Like
    I concur on the Hi-Temp Tire Cleaner... NOTHING beats it for price and performance. I`m in California and ordered 2 gallons... with shipping it cost like $40, but with the 1:1 dilution ratio, I`ll be getting 4 gallons! While Eagle One can be purchased locally, it gets very expensive, very quickly.

-Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information