Post Thanks / Like
    I have about a 4 month old 2007 Honda Accord, Nighthawk Black Pearl car. I baby the thing like crazy, have spent untold hundreds of dollars on detailing equipment, and park my car at the farthest reaches of the galaxy everywhere I go.

Yet I pull my car out of the garage today and find a small dent right on the lip of my passenger side rear door along with a good 1X1 inch spot of white paint transfer.

I am going to wash the car today and break out the PC, probably use the most aggressive Edge Pad that I have, and see what I can remove with some Poorboys SSR2.5 (strongest polish I have). Assuming that I can remove the white paint transfer, I am still left with an annoying door ding.

I am sure PDR guys are just like professional auto detailers in that all are not created equal. It seems that PDR guys are a dime a dozen, but how to find someone reputable that will do a good job. I don`t mind spending the money if it gets done right.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Now to figure out how to vent some of this extreme anger....

Post Thanks / Like
    Talk to you insurance agent. Most of them will know the name of a good PDR guy.

You definately need to find someone who knows what he is doing. A good PDR guy is worth his weight in gold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where do you live?

I managed to find a great PDR guy by calling around to shops that DON`T advertise body work, instead they do auto customization. When I went to body shops to see if I could get PDR done, they`d tell me right away that PDR wouldn`t work and run me a quote for a bodyshop job. (go figure)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brig2221
    I am going to wash the car today and break out the PC, probably use the most aggressive Edge Pad that I have, and see what I can remove with some Poorboys SSR2.5 (strongest polish I have). Assuming that I can remove the white paint transfer, I am still left with an annoying door ding.

I`d suggest using something less aggressive first. I`ve removed paint transfer with nothing more than detailing clay. Transfer is basically no different than overspray and clay works great for that. IMO, you are taking a much more aggressive step than necessary by using the PC and SSR2.5.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I will try out the claybar first. Thanks for the input. Probably better to start less aggressive.

You just never know when you are calling companies blind for PDR work.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you`re in the southern california/los angeles county area i would suggest, without an ounce of doubt, Mark at Quality First. He came highly recommended by one of the area`s best body shops and removed two dings out of my old Porsche 997. Because of the power of the internet, he went on to fix 5 more P=cars of owners who participate on the Porsche message boards in which i frequent. He does amazing work and if he can`t get it done then no one can.

Regards
    2015 Porsche Carrera S Coupe
    2015 Porsche Cayenne Diesel
    1987 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbkintner
    I`d suggest using something less aggressive first. I`ve removed paint transfer with nothing more than detailing clay. Transfer is basically no different than overspray and clay works great for that. IMO, you are taking a much more aggressive step than necessary by using the PC and SSR2.5.

Mike
    :goodjob

couldn`t agree more, there have been plenty of times that clay alone didn`t remove foreign paint for me, but theres a good handful of times it has. the clay that comes to mind for the most success with such jobs was 4* grey, even tol purple but i also remember pup had zero success for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VaSuperShine
    :goodjob

couldn`t agree more......

Thanks. I`m a long time lurker and good student with a mild case of OCD (Obsessive Car Disorder). :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I washed the car today and broke out the Mothers Claybar on the paint transfer. I can tell that it took some off and improved it, but it is still very noticeable given that the paint transfer color is white on a black car.

I have a PC, all of the Edge 2K pads, Poorboys SSR 2.5, Poorboys PWS, & Meguiars #80.

What would be your recommended combination to remove transferred paint where claying failed?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I took my car in for an oil change at lunch today and happened to see a small shop that advertising PDR work for dings, hail damage, etc. I decided to stop by on the way back to work just to see if they could look at it.

I was told that since my ding was right on the lip of my passenger side door, right where the metal comes together at the door frame, that there was nothing he could do for it. Something about not being able to get behind the ding to push it back out.

Anyhow, I have heard many people in these forums state that there are some PDR guys that can do some amazing work, you just have to find them.

I am stubborn and want to see if I can find someone to repair this, especially given that the car is only 3 months old.

I live in the North Dallas area. Does anyone have any referrals for a great PDR guy, or know how I might go about getting one? Thanks!!!

Thread Information