Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone, I detailed my `92 Rosewood Brown Accord a while back, and I`ve noticed that the swirls didn`t all come out after I had polished the car. I used the PC (my first time) on somewhere between 4.5 and 5 with Hi-Temp Medium Cut on a 6.5" white CCS pad, and tried my best to follow the 1-3 inches per second rule. Here`s a link to my click & brag thread with before/after pics (I could post some pictures in here as well if anyone wants me too, I suppose)

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/...92-accord.html

Anyway, particularly in the after pic of the hood near the bottom, you can see there is still (in my opinion) a significant amount of swirling left (the car looks worse in reality, the camera tried to compensate for the brightness of the sun). I want to try and remove more of them (without endangering the paint, of course...but none of the swirls are deep at all) . So now to my question: can I just go over the car again with the same products as before (maybe bumping up the speed on the PC a tad, applying a little more pressure, and taking more time), or should I get a more aggressive polish? (The latter option doesn`t really make sense to me, since what`s left of the swirls isn`t any worse than what I previously removed, my instinct is that using the same combo again should clear up more swirls, but I`m not certain.)

Post Thanks / Like
    I ran into the same problem as you did for years, until two days ago. Your technique is fine, but the wrong product. After trying many compounds and scratch removers, nothing works for me. Then, I order Menz Intensive Polish with 4" orange pad. With a little pressure and few passes, swirl marks and haze is 95% gone. Don`t forget to use FPII. Good luck with your search. Cheers.

P.S: I used smaller pad because I don`t have to put great force since P=F/A.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with what nabreaker said.

not to make this thread offtopic though but I noticed you mentioned the rust problem...I have found that honda lines their fenders with rubber trim. This actually holds water and moisture, thereby catalyzing the rust process. Check to see if yours still has that trim or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    you can try a more aggressive polish/compound (not to familiar with hi-temp products), but if that doesn`t work, try bumping up to the next agressive pad (orange ccs pad), though you may have to follow up with the white pad to remove marring if there is any...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, smaller and more aggressive pads and a more aggresssive product. Hi-Temp`s Heavy Cut (AKA "357") and their Extreme Cut both work OK by PC/4" pads. Follow up with the Medium Cut/white pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    and since it hasn`t been said yet, don`t be afraid to crank that baby to 6. You`ll have better luck getting out the swirls.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I keep repeating myself, so I apologize in advance...

Menzerna SIP is A W E S O M E with a 4" orange pad on a PC. Very good correction ability, and it leaves the paint soooo nice. Some might argue LSP ready, even.

It does take a few applications to really get the yucky stuff out, though.

SIP 3.02 is, IMO, the very best polish you could ever possibly use with a PC.

You do need to be a bit more careful with this combination, though. The abrasives in this polish aren`t really large, but there are ALOT of them; it`s easier to damage your paint with this polish and a PC. Don`t push down too hard, and don`t let the PC ever be stationary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck!!!!!

Thread Information