Post Thanks / Like
    Just like everyone here, when my car is detailed, it looks great, nice gloss, super slick surface, with neck breaking looks from everyone, and to top it all off, I have a WHITE scion Xb . But just like everyone here also, I am not all that pleased, white it is hard to see as we all know, but when I look at it, tiny swirls here and there. Nothing huge, but the perfectionist that we all are, it just bothers me. Anyone have a good combo for correction on white cars. All I have is a PC with Propel pads, product is not a problem as I have alittle of everything LOL. Which pad/product combo has given you the best results?

Post Thanks / Like
    Daily drivers will never be perfect. Being white i wouldnt care to much if i was you.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ +1. There are lots of product to recommend.

Post Thanks / Like
    keep your trim really clean and the white will look better

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by comnwealth
    Just like everyone here, when my car is detailed, it looks great, nice gloss, super slick surface, with neck breaking looks from everyone, and to top it all off, I have a WHITE scion Xb . But just like everyone here also, I am not all that pleased, white it is hard to see as we all know, but when I look at it, tiny swirls here and there. Nothing huge, but the perfectionist that we all are, it just bothers me. Anyone have a good combo for correction on white cars. All I have is a PC with Propel pads, product is not a problem as I have alittle of everything LOL. Which pad/product combo has given you the best results?

Optimum Polish with a green propel pad is a great generally purpose combo. Optimum compound on the same pad if you want to be a little more agressive.

I don`t know how hard the paint is on your Scion, but on my Honda paint I don`t go more agressive that the green Propel pad with OP or OC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by codiddy
    keep your trim really clean and the white will look better

i agree. i have owned nothing but white cars since 1974. when my DD gets a little dirty (light film, driven in rain fast) and i don`t have the time and energy to do the complete car i will just dress the tires or clean the wheels and dress the tires. you would be amaized at how the car looks by just washing the wheels off and/or just dressing the tires. this dosen`t work when the car is trashed of course but it buys me some time. :xyxthumbs

nxt and IW 845 is all i use on white. FWIW.

Post Thanks / Like
    .... Anyone have a good combo for correction on white cars. ...?
    It’s not the color that determines what combo to use. It’s the paint’s workability. There are hard white paints and there are soft white paints. Some gloss up easily, some don’t. Some chemicals will work well with one but not another.

You can try things that have worked well for others but you won’t know what works for you on your paint until you actually work on it. Maybe everybody’s favorite approach will work, maybe none of them will and you’ll need to come up with your own.

Good luck on your quest.

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    It might be pretty soft... OP/OPS mixed 50:50 on a white LC pad (similar to Propel Green I think) has worked wonders for me before on paint like that.

Edit: ZPC\LC White is what I used on the last Scion I detailed (silver, 2006 w/12k miles) and it left a good finish.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    you don`t select a pad/product combo based on color, it`s all dependent on the hardness/softness of the paint. I`ve never worked a Scion so I can`t say, and we don`t have any pics of said swirls so it`s very hard to make any suggestions when we can`t see what needs to be corrected. Try posting up some pics and surely somebody here has done a Scion before so you should be able to get some good info.
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Thread Information