Post Thanks / Like
    Wednesday, I went with a friend to finalize the paperwork on a used car she bought Monday, and the dealer was to replace the pass. side mirror as it was broken. The car is "only" an `04 Cavalier but it is in excellent shape. I was only able to find four small defects on the whole car. So anyway, the girl comes out of the service dept with a sheet of paper and a pen, gets in the car and writes down the mileage (using the steering wheel as a desk), and puts a tag on the mirror. Then she walks around the car looking for defects. They do this with cars in for service so the owner can`t accuse the mechanics of messing up their car. She rubs a few spots, and then finds the scratch in the fender and rubs/picks over it real good to make sure it`s a scratch. I am about to say something when she proceeds to write the defect on her paper-which she conveniently lays on the hood to write on. My friend is looking at me like :shocked to see if I was going to jump on the girl about it. Instead, I went inside and told the salesman what she had done. He says yah I guess it would be better to use the windshield. I was like NO try a CLIPBOARD? HELLO?

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder what would be his reaction if you told him he will have to adjust price down as she just damaged the paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    hackers freaking hackers
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I knew about the scratch, I got them to order me a bottle of touch up -no charge (I will be the one taking care of the car) , and of course no charge for the brand new mirror. I have never seen a dealer go to such lengths for a used car. What the service girl did was the only complaint I had about the whole experience. The car came with a lifetime engine and powertrain warranty, if she can afford the maintenance schedule they recommend. It looked pretty much like overkill to me, though.

Thread Information