Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at my local water supply store and came across this portable water deionizer..

They dont rent out the tanks they only sell them and they had this option for mobile detailing..

I know lots of u use DI tanks or basic water filters so im wondering if anyone has used this one or has any insight about it: What do u think?

On The Go - Portable Water Softener

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW,, NOONES ever heard of this or has one??????

Post Thanks / Like
    anyone????

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like a nice product for the everyday detailer. Would be good for the mobile detailer like you said, but I cant believe something like that cost $300!

Post Thanks / Like
    I cant believe noone has any input about this thing except for one person!!

Post Thanks / Like
    In the UK you can get them for around $100 off eBay. That`s just for a tank with hose connectors, you still need the resin which seems to be around $60 for 10L.

I know of a couple of people who have used smaller scale filters and the meter readings afterwards suggest the water is much, much purer.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW guess noone runs DI water when they do mobile details????

Post Thanks / Like
    Lot’s of guys around here use DI water filters, just not that particular one. It may be great or maybe not. But if nobody has used it they can`t comment on it.

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by the other pc
    Lot’s of guys around here use DI water filters, just not that particular one. It may be great or maybe not. But if nobody has used it they can`t comment on it.

PC.

what particular one would u guys recommend??

Post Thanks / Like
    CR Spotless is pretty popular. There are some others too. Not saying they’re better than On-the-Go or not, just that there have been discussions.

Some Pros who go through a lot of water rent filter tanks from local water treatment suppliers. Some live near vendors who sell spot free water in bulk.

If you a search on “cr spotless†or “spot free†or “deionize†or similar topics you should find some of the threads.

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sure that the system would pay for itself but I use a filter system from this company Garden Hose Filters

It is a double filter with one sediment and one resin cartridge in it. It has cut down on spotting big time. I plan getting another on so that I can have one stationary at the house.

I think I may have paid around $60-85 bucks including shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by the other pc
    CR Spotless is pretty popular. There are some others too. Not saying they’re better than On-the-Go or not, just that there have been discussions.

Some Pros who go through a lot of water rent filter tanks from local water treatment suppliers. Some live near vendors who sell spot free water in bulk.

If you a search on “cr spotless†or “spot free†or “deionize†or similar topics you should find some of the threads.

PC.

thanks Pc!!

ive seen the CR system before and yes its comparable but a bit more money and when i compare specs back and forth it seems the ON-the-Go may be able to produce more clean water without replacing the resin ever so often.. not sure though ??

Ive gone to a couple water supply stores here and havent had much luck in getting them to rent a tank they only sell full house sytems. I gotta walk in and walk out with the water so not sure how that would work if i went that route either.

ya ive done lots of searching on here and seen some great threads on water filteration and want to make sure i do it right without wasting money a basic filter!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it’s tough to directly compare systems when they don’t tell you the actual resin volume/mass.

Sounds like you’ve checked with retail water stores. I wouldn’t expect them to rent filter tanks. The logistics of exchanging and recharging them are huge and complex. If they did handle them they’d only be a pick-up/drop-off point for a big industrial processing operation.

You`ll want to check with an industrial water service company. If you live in an area with at least a moderate amount of manufacturing or processing business there’s probably one nearby. You may need to get a hold of a business-to-business yellow pages to search. It’s not the sort of service consumers use.

Just as an example, the local fast food place I frequent has a truck loaded with dozens of stainless steel tanks (Culligan IIRC) pull up every few days to exchange their softener tanks. I asked the guy if they did DI tanks. He said that his operation didn’t but they had a sister company that does.

PC.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    how effective are carbon filters?

Post Thanks / Like
    Carbon filters do a good job of removing some contaminates, and that is why they are so popular for drinking water...But they will not remove all...They gained popularity, because they eliminate odors in water and for the most part people assumed the water was cleaner. They are effective, but not the most effective source.
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information