Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have secumb to the beast (Packaging and marketing), I had purchsed some Simoniz Speed Dry towels.

Looking for an alternate method to dry my vehicles, I have been using terrycloth towels for years, and this is the main reason for my required polishing.

This is not a suitable replacement. Its "drags" and causes streaking. It is a product I will be giving away the moment I have a chance. GARBAGE, I can`t belive I bought them, I knew better.

Just wanted to poke around and see what some of you are using?
    Magnum SRT-8 (Black Pearl)

Jeep SRT-8 (Black)

Post Thanks / Like
    Waffle weave microfiber towels
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rkf76
    Waffle weave microfiber towels

Sheet rinse 1st then those.

Post Thanks / Like
    sheet rinse for sure, i was given this advice about 2 weeks ago and its been a dream drying my car since. Sheet rinse (just straight hose, no nozzle, letting the water sheet off) then use a Waffle Weave MF towel to dry!

Post Thanks / Like
    Gimics gave you the gist of it all.

Sheet the car off at the end of the wash to cut your drying time basically in half if not more!

A lot of people get Waffle Weaves from the Kitchen towel aisle in Wal-mart. It is like $2.90 for 2 towels. They are white and are made by Mainstay`s

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah i do a sheet rinse at the end, and then dry the car with PakShak WW towels.

And damn, what a difference a sheet rinse makes. Forgot to do it by accident last time i washed my car, and i definitly noticed it when it took twice as many towels to dry the car. Definitley makes a difference in the ease of drying and time.
    1998 Trans Am convertible

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, sheet the water, blot dry with WW, use air compressor to blow water out crevices, then dry again. It usually takes me a while because i`m pretty thorough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aloha all...

I would definitely recommend a sheeting action to help speed up your drying time since there would be less water afterwards on your vehicle which should require use of less towels to dry your vehicle.

Thank you & Aloha,

Ranney

Post Thanks / Like
    leaf blower

Post Thanks / Like
    i use the sheeting method with a fireman nozzle (turned on the way to where it has a blooming spray pattern) and then use a ultra-soft waffle weave OR x-large microfiber drying towel to dry. i also use the leaf blower to blow all the water out of the side mirrors, vents, windshield wipers, trim/cracks, wheels, etc..

Post Thanks / Like
    I recommend sheet rinse too at the end of car wash.... Then to dry, I use Megs drying towel. I dont rub the towel, I just let it sit in water beads and it usually picks up the water. After that, I use the MF towel to dry off.

Post Thanks / Like
    use "flash Car Wash System" just to auto dry at the end. sprap on filtered water - leave 20 minutes and its spotless.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can get a pack of 2 waffle weave microfiber towels at walmar for around $3. Best deal around for waffle weaves.

Post Thanks / Like
    How are these Wal-Mart waffle weaves? Any good? I might have to pick some up if they are that cheap!

Personally, I sheet the water off first, then I go over it with my leafblower to get all the excess water off the paint and in between the cracks, then go over it with my Cobra Ultimate Guzzler.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P1et
    How are these Wal-Mart waffle weaves? Any good? I might have to pick some up if they are that cheap!

Personally, I sheet the water off first, then I go over it with my leafblower to get all the excess water off the paint and in between the cracks, then go over it with my Cobra Ultimate Guzzler.

so does anyone know?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information