Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all! Thanks for your help on this.

Now that I have my process down, I have a little (dumb dilemma) -

From my research here, I know that I have a couple of choices in order to keep up my fancy detail work . Thanks to you all by the way, I am now like a cat by the window staring at my Toyota FJ and admiring how shiny it is ALL DAY AND NIGHT LONG! It so embarrasing!

To keep up my shine, I can..... 1. Wash, 2. Rinsless Wash Spray, 3. or apply a quick

detailer.

My process is wash, clay, wash, pbssr1, Klasse AIO, Klasse Sealant Glaze (12 hrs drying time), then Pb Natys Blue. (This process was contributed by all of you by the way. Thanks)

So my question now is, I read that a lot of people apply sealants quite often, so can you apply sealant on top of wax? or do I have to go through my whole process again just to apply the sealant? and then wax it again? In other words, can I apply sealant and wax in between washes or is that too much? My smart side of my brain says its too much and i should just wash and apply quick detailer - but my obssesive side of my brain tells me to wash, clay, polish, glaze, seal, wax every week!

I just dont want to over do it and end up with so much residue. In the meantime, I`ll research more here and find out what people are actually doing inbetween all these processes to keep their cars clean.

Also, how often do you think one should wash, clay, polish, glaze..........?

Help before i go crazy!!!!!!!!! have a good day all!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    we don`t apply sealant on top of wax.

You`re routine should be good for 6 months or so. What are you so worried about?

If you wish to play following your weekly wash, throw on some more Natty`s. If you`re gonna stick with Klasse, get one of the acrylic spritzing sprays to freshen things up - - that`s very efficient!

Enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like
    You better calm down those polishes horses! You only got a certain amount of clear coat on that car!

Sealants give a different look than waxes and most of the time aren`t topped on each other.

Since you use Klasse, just use the Sealant Glaze as a quick detailer since they both go together and would add more to the look. If you use this step, don`t top the Sealant Glaze with Natty`s.

Or you could top the Klasse with Natty`s and use Fk#425, Clearkote Quik Shine as your quick detailers, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p.

You`re routine should be good for 6 months or so. What are you so worried about?

If you wish to play following your weekly wash, throw on some more Natty`s. If you`re gonna stick with Klasse, get one of the acrylic spritzing sprays to freshen things up - - that`s very efficient!

Enjoy.

Much appreciated! I`m glad that this routine can be left alone for a while! I`m just going to keep up a wash and some spritz!!!!! Being in the Seattle area where it rains a lot, it got me worried that i had to do this routine often just to keep things up (no biggie). Thanks again for the info -

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stiffdogg06
    You better calm down those polishes horses! You only got a certain amount of clear coat on that car!

Yikes! I am begginer that has gone out of control!!!! yes yes stay away from too much rubbing!!! Definitely, that`ll slow things down a bit! thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    What color is your first of all, and what do you think looks best?

If you have a dark colored car I would drop the KSG, and do monthly/tri-weekly, applications of nattys blue and maintain with a carnuba based spray (OCW, non-nuba FK1 425).

If you have a light colored car, I would do as recc. above (KSG, compatible spray i.e. sonus acrylic/zaino z8).

Additionally, I would recc. that you always wash your car before applying any spray/QD`r.

Finally, I wouldn`t apply a spray every wash, just when needed, as the less often your car is touched, rubbed, the less risk of marring/swirling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p.

Enjoy.

We do in some cases. For instance OS on top of Nuba. Many are doing this right now.
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    When you wash/dry and quick detail your car, make sure you use quality wash mitts, microfibers, and waffle weaves. By using better qauality items, you`ll be less likely to cause micromarring - that is, unless you like to drop your $10-15 wash mitt on the ground and keep using it.

So use good quality items and take care of the items you use ON YOUR CAR just as good as you take car of your cars paint.

By the way, don`t DROP any of the stuff you use. You have it, use it. Just cause your car is Sky Blue or Black, use the Klasse that you have on hand, top it with Sealant glaze. Just quick detail it with Sealant Glaze until you run out. And then when you do, you can search and buy a new spritzer like Finish Kate #425, etc.

- Andrew

Thread Information