Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got a Landrover Discovery I just bought the plastic looked great on the lot ...

A few months later it looks like crap, white ,hazy and rough ...Any tips or tricks to make it look like new ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboys Trim Restore...some have tried Peanut Butter but *most* argue that it is a just a temporary fix.
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    A buddy of mine from the Jag club has one of those as a service loaner, yeah, that`s a lot of black trim to deal with.

I never tried this on a Land Rover, but on my vehicles I generally treat the black plastic trim as if it were paint. I`ve had good luck with both the Klasse twins (use the W-O-W-O method with the KSG to get the most uniform look) and a combo of 1z polish/Collinite 845 wax. On the Jag`s plastic trim I use Souveran, but that doesn`t last long enough for your application. I`ve also done OK with VM (Vanilla Moose) topped with the 845.

FWIW, the 1Z/845 lasted all winter on the Blazer and the Klasse twins (with many layers of KSG) lasts even longer than that on the MPV, and I drive both in all kinds of weather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    A buddy of mine from the Jag club has one of those as a service loaner, yeah, that`s a lot of black trim to deal with.

I never tried this on a Land Rover, but on my vehicles I generally treat the black plastic trim as if it were paint. I`ve had good luck with both the Klasse twins (use the W-O-W-O method with the KSG to get the most uniform look) and a combo of 1z polish/Collinite 845 wax. On the Jag`s plastic trim I use Souveran, but that doesn`t last long enough for your application. I`ve also done OK with VM (Vanilla Moose) topped with the 845.

FWIW, the 1Z/845 lasted all winter on the Blazer and the Klasse twins (with many layers of KSG) lasts even longer than that on the MPV, and I drive both in all kinds of weather.

Accumulator, you do this even on textured black trim?
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej
    Accumulator, you do this even on textured black trim?

Yep, the exact sort of material where it might seem counterintuitive! I got tired of dressings running in the rain, frequently needing redone, staining carcovers, etc.

I generally only use ERV (Exterior Rubber/Vinyl) dressings on a few areas where the LSP approach hasn`t worked out well, and there are only about a half-dozen of these cases on our (seven) vehicles, at least that I can think of right now. I consider the conventional ERV dressing approach to be a last resort, something I only do if the LSP approach won`t work. Heh heh, I usually use Autoglym`s Bumper Care, and the tiny bottles it comes in last me many years because I hardly ever find an application that requires it.

There`s always a moment of nervousness when I first try a given product combo on a vehicle`s trim..."will it stain it white or will it work?" but I`ve had very few problems. Sometimes it looks mighty crappy when the LSP finally fails (this does not apply to KSG), but redoing it makes it fine again; it seems the "dead wax" on the trim is the problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like "Black Again" It gives a deep black look in a matter of seconds after applying it with a clean MF towel. It also won`t harm paint and it`s easy to work with.
    Have:

06` Acura RSX -- Albaster Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried some Colonite Cleaner wax and it seems to have helped alot It removed a "Coating" unsure if when they detailed it on the lot they sprayed something on it ....

The yellowing roughness seems to have been the coating ... It took four hours of scrubbing now we`lll see if this holds up ....

Who makes "Black Again" I`ve seen Back to Black but never this one

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for the Klasse twins. AIO removes the oxidation from the trim and the KSG seals it. I have used it on the textured and the smooth trim.
    Insert witty quip here...

Shawn

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bad venge

Who makes "Black Again" I`ve seen Back to Black but never this one
    Black Jack makes it I believe:

BLACK AGAIN AND NEW AGAIN -The Perfect Combination for Clean and Beautiful Exterior and Interior Trim
    Have:

06` Acura RSX -- Albaster Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by awahl63
    Poorboys Trim Restore...some have tried Peanut Butter but *most* argue that it is a just a temporary fix.

Another vote for PB Trim Restorer. This stuff is fantastic! :2thumbs:

Thread Information