Post Thanks / Like
    So I bought a car about 5 months ago, it`s the urban grey metallic 2007 impreza. I wash it at least once a week. But I feel like the shine isn`t where I want it to be. I`ve read up on this website about waxing and I think I have a little handle on it. Let me know if this is a good combination or if all of it is even necessary..

1) Wash with Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo

2) Clay Bar

3) Wash

4) Meguiars Cleaner Wax

5) Meguiars NXT tech Wax

Is this correct?

Also, I have a cluster of scratches on my hood where some road debris must have hit. What do I need to get this out, will scratch-X most likely work and where in my detailing do I need to insert that?

Also, am I supposed to be drying the car after both washes? OR just before I apply the wax?

Picture attached.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn0x
    .......Let me know if this is a good combination or if all of it is even necessary..

1) Wash with Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo

2) Clay Bar

3) Wash

4) Meguiars Cleaner Wax

5) Meguiars NXT tech Wax

Is this correct?

Also, I have a cluster of scratches on my hood where some road debris must have hit. What do I need to get this out, will scratch-X most likely work and where in my detailing do I need to insert that?

Also, am I supposed to be drying the car after both washes? OR just before I apply the wax?..........
    I usually clay after the first wash w/o drying first and I just use some fresh car wash solution as a clay lube, then rinse again and dry.

ScratchX might take care of the scratches, or at least improve them, depending on how deep they are. I would use it before you wax, below is a good thread on how to properly use ScratchX:

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX - Car Care Forums: Meguiar`s Online

I would skip either step #4 or #5. NXT also has some mild cleaners in it that would remove some, if not all, of the Meguiars Cleaner Wax. If your NXT is the paste version then I`d probably go with that, but it is really personal preference on which one you use.

After you get your car cleaned up spend some time reading here and you`ll get some ideas for other LSP`s (Last Step Products = wax or sealer) that you might want to try next time out.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    You would be better off not using either the cleaner wax or the nxt since nxt is somewhat of a cleaner wax itself. I personally would use the NXT since its a new car and I like the way nxt looks. As for the Scratch x, you should use it after the second wash but you might not see much of a difference if you are doing it by hand. You should think about investing in a pc.

Thread Information