Post Thanks / Like
    I have lost the patience for detailing. I still like a clean shiny car but I just dont have the time or patience like I used to to obsess over it. Plus its a DD and just hitting 5 years old and after the hell winter its starting to show a little wear. But its paid off in July and I am going to drive it into the ground.

I am very happy that we have all these spray and wipe products available now. It makes it so much easier to keep up that clean look. I just dont get into getting out the PC and applying product anymore. 2 cheers for spray and wipe!

Post Thanks / Like
    I hear ya. I have days where I will be so gung ho about polishing a car and about halfway through my first go with the polish, I think to myself "damn, I have to do this atleast one more time all the way around and then apply my wax!" When I get like that, I just think of it as something that has to be done, and I start polishing more panels before I wipe off the residue.....probably not saving much time, but for some reason it feels like I am.
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Way2SSlow
    I hear ya. I have days where I will be so gung ho about polishing a car and about halfway through my first go with the polish, I think to myself "damn, I have to do this atleast one more time all the way around and then apply my wax!" When I get like that, I just think of it as something that has to be done, and I start polishing more panels before I wipe off the residue.....probably not saving much time, but for some reason it feels like I am.
    Where in Alpharetta do you live? I used to work for a company there, I really like Alpharetta. I loved eating at Killer Creek and Atlantic Seafood.

But yeah there are times where Im like woo hoo I can detail!! Then I get going and everything starts driving me insane and I have to realize its a daily driver, not a show car. Another reason is that I am not a fan of car payments and its paid off in July and I want to get at least another 3 years out of it in as good of shape as it is. Its only a 2003 Nissan Maxima but it was my first major purchase and that makes it valuable to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you`re lazy, or just not into detailing all the time but still want a good looking car like me You could do what I plan to do, which is to wash the car once every two weeks, then wax once a month with something like Natty`s Blue that`ll look good and hide imperfections. I said plan to do because I just spent a ton of time detailing my car to bring it up to a satisfactory standard for me. Now I`m going to try to spend very little time detailing it but also maintain it best I can.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    spray and wipe products help immensly with daily drivers. manintaing one in near perfect condition is nearly impossible. drive it and enjoy it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamHBonney
    I have lost the patience for detailing. I still like a clean shiny car but I just dont have the time or patience like I used to to obsess over it. Plus its a DD and just hitting 5 years old and after the hell winter its starting to show a little wear. But its paid off in July and I am going to drive it into the ground.

I am very happy that we have all these spray and wipe products available now. It makes it so much easier to keep up that clean look. I just dont get into getting out the PC and applying product anymore. 2 cheers for spray and wipe!

Good for you. I too lost the patience to be so excessively meticulous over my (black) car quite some time ago - it`s much easier to enjoy the work that you do do when you don`t obsess over it.

So for me, weekend / every other weekend washes, polishing and waxing whenever I feel like it, and the use of spray products > being obsessive.

Incidentally, the same desire for aesthetic perfection that brought me to Autopia is what`s going to make sure that I have a silver car the next time around.

$.02.

Post Thanks / Like
    I park in a gravel parking lot...ok sparingly covered in gravel, the rest is dirt...oh and the streets are a 24/7 construction zone where I work. Its either a dust bowl or a pond so I hear ya on keeping a dd clean...especially being mine is black, I wash it down once a week and re-start the process on monday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where in Alpharetta do you live? I used to work for a company there, I really like Alpharetta. I loved eating at Killer Creek and Atlantic Seafood.

I live about 3 miles from North Point Mall. I work on Mansell Rd, not far from Killer Creek. I havent ever been to either one of those restaurants, but I pass both EVERY DAY on my way to and from work. On my budget, I`ll continue to pass them by for a while. It`s a cool town, but traffic is getting worse every day. Take care
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand everybody in the above posts. Spray and wipe products are a blessing for those who have DDs. I am still into trying to trying to keep my car as nice as possible. Perfection is not possible with a DD; however, very nice is possible, and I do try to go there. I guess that I am looking for 90%, and willing to put the effort in to get it that far.

With the products that are available now, one can keep a vehicle pretty nice with minimal effort. That`s a good thing. Hopefully, it will translate into more good-looking vehicles out there.

I do applaud those who go "whole hog," and those professionals out there. I love looking at them, and love reading about the process. I do get ideas from them, and it does make me want to "push the envelope" at least a little.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Way2SSlow
    I live about 3 miles from North Point Mall. I work on Mansell Rd, not far from Killer Creek. I havent ever been to either one of those restaurants, but I pass both EVERY DAY on my way to and from work. On my budget, I`ll continue to pass them by for a while. It`s a cool town, but traffic is getting worse every day. Take care
    Yeah they are pricey, thats why you use the corporate AMEX card!!

At least you do not have much of a commute.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m finding I just have to pace myself. Once I got my car last year I decided to get back to being more religious about keeping it clean. But I`ve also got a two year old and four month old sons I have to help watch, so I find time very limited to get out to the cars without getting "the look". So I basically am going to do things in stages when I get the chance. I just finished polishing Saturday, which took an hour or so here and there for a few days, and then a four hour session on Saturday. Now I have to finish the interior, dress the wheel wells and such, seal the wheels and vacuum. Then I have her SUV which sadly has been a bit neglected, as well as the toy to do. So I`ll probably be done by next winter.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m with you on this.. Aside from durability and looks, ease of use is a major consideration in my detailing product purchases.. And spray is the way to go...

Post Thanks / Like
    What spray and wipes are you using? I`m very happy with Duragloss Aquawax for after a wash, and using Optimum No Rinse in a spray bottle for quick cleanups between washings ( I had Poorboys S&W but I ran out, and had the bottle of ONR right there, so I made my own). I`m always on the lookout for stuff that is quicker and easier though.

Now I just have to get ceramic pads on the front of my 07 Escape so I don`t have to clean that damn brake dust so often!

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ I also use Duragloss AW and ONR in spray bottle.. For sealants, I use AJ-Trigger..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trmiv
    What spray and wipes are you using? I`m very happy with Duragloss Aquawax for after a wash, and using Optimum No Rinse in a spray bottle for quick cleanups between washings ( I had Poorboys S&W but I ran out, and had the bottle of ONR right there, so I made my own). I`m always on the lookout for stuff that is quicker and easier though.

Now I just have to get ceramic pads on the front of my 07 Escape so I don`t have to clean that damn brake dust so often!
    The main spray and wipe products that I use right now are UPP Spray, Z8, PBs S&W, Souveran Spray. Going to get some Opti Seal later on down the road. I love love love the UPP spray, it goes on so easy and leaves a great finish. Also Clearkote Quick Shine and Crystal Mist as QDs.

Thread Information