Post Thanks / Like
    i have used IP and FPII on a couple of cars the results have been pretty good but when i used to simply use a standard machine glaze with a medium cut pad it would hide the swirls and give such depth and shine to the paint better than the menzerna... maybe i need to get more experience iwth the menzerna polishes the two cars i ahve used them on so far have had extensive swirls though...?

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not use menz first and then use a soft pad with the glaze.

I never finish with menzerna, not FF or RD

For a killer finish, I like to go to 4000 grit polishes and abrasive free glazes
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dairyman
    i have used IP and FPII on a couple of cars the results have been pretty good but when i used to simply use a standard machine glaze with a medium cut pad it would hide the swirls and give such depth and shine to the paint better than the menzerna...

I wouldn`t switch to the FPII until you`d already removed anything too serious for the glaze to fill. I don`t use much Menzerna stuff (and I`ve never used IP) but I let the heavy/medium cut products get rid of the marring before I switch to the fine products/pads.

Depth and shine are one thing, and a glaze might be just what you need on a given paint. But when it comes to marring I`d expect to polish it out and not need the glaze (for *that* purpose). The best finishes I`ve ever attained were done without a glaze (good thing, as I used sealants on them) but that doesn`t mean they wouldn`t have looked "better" if I put a glaze on the marring-free paint the way SVR does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SVR
    Why not use menz first and then use a soft pad with the glaze.

I never finish with menzerna, not FF or RD

For a killer finish, I like to go to 4000 grit polishes and abrasive free glazes
    where are 4000 grit polishes available?

Post Thanks / Like
    I get mine from a mob called car toys in adelaide

Ultra gloss superfine polish. It`s so mild but gets the paint (especially single stage reds) looking magnificent.

Accumulator : How come you haven`t used much Menz?

IP PO91L is a fantastic 1500 grit compound/polish which only letdown is alot of dust (I cut that down with my quick shot spray after the initial pass on the buff.

Even by hand their range is excellent.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    is there a website to this superfine polish?

Post Thanks / Like
    glazes arent completely necessary. as stated above, great looking finishes can be had with good polishing and then a nice topper. I personally use glazes alot though. granted the concealing abilities of the glaze only last a short while (few weeks or so), but with reapplication, it looks great again. i`ve always taken the mindset of hiding instead of removing. i figure, i can glaze until my heart is content, while i can only polish so much before the clear is compromised.
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SVR
    Accumulator : How come you haven`t used much Menz?

My favorite painter swears by Menzerna, so it`s not like I`m against it or anything. If I were starting from scratch I`d probably go with Menzerna and a few things from Hi-Temp.

I`ve been able to get the finish I was after with the (old) stuff I`ve always used. I have some of the BF/Menzerna SRC Finishing Polish I want to try some time, we`ll see how I like it.

When I used FP I just didn`t like the finish it left (on already-marring-free Audi clear) as well as 1Z Pro MP :nixweiss And I have gallons of my old faves PI-III RC and MG for the regular correction so I`ve never felt the need to try stuff like IP.

Post Thanks / Like
    use IP twice, then FPII twice, then do half the car with a glaze to see if there is a difference...if there is continue, if not, IPA wipedown and seal it up!

Post Thanks / Like
    I always glaze. I tried FK1 glaze (which actually has some cut to it!) and this year I am going to try Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze. My usual go to glaze is surprisingly Mothers Sealer & Glaze, I don`t know why but I love this stuff! A coat or two of it followed by IW845 and topped with AW has never done me wrong on most cars, but I like to test & tinker with new combos on my car

Thread Information