Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cat Issues!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently had the neighbors cat scratch its way up the hood to is resting spot. I managed to get the scratches out with a little z5 pro but does anyone know of a process to cat proof my car to make sure this doesn`t happen again. I am a member of the e90post forum and someone over there said that someone over here developed a method to keep cats off the car. Anyone that can help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Call your local animal control to pick up the cat if the neighbors won`t keep it inside.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted the same thing early in the winter...found dirty cat prints on my hood.

A few weeks ago I found prints up the side of my rear fender, across the trunk, up the rear windshield, across the roof, down the windshield, and all over the hood. I was furious. The dirt was super gritty....

The answer is Purina pet food. No, I don`t know the answer, it just sucks. There was a long debate on an owners responsiblity of their cats and peoples opinions on if a cat should be allowed to roam with recourse for its actions etc etc. My opinion is of course no, I dont let my 90lbs husky roam so please dont let your kitty roam.

Post Thanks / Like
    ...and they usually have their claws extended upon take-off and landing; those things go deep.

Maybe you could try a live trap with some good bait (catnip?) and hold it for ransom? Next time Kitty goes to Animal Control. `Course it`s easy to talk tough; I don`t have to actually live next to your neighbors

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Call your local animal control to pick up the cat if the neighbors won`t keep it inside.

Yes. Around here stray cats are illegal. Any pet roaming the neighborhood is consider a stray animal. People are responsible for the damages caused by their animals. You need to settle this with your neighbor or garage the car. I`ve had this problem before and it can be very frustrating. I garage my car so problem solved. You can try different things to keep the cat off the car, but i think you`ll just end up disappointed and angry. The cats will not learn. They are just looking for a warm place to sleep. There`s a ton of repellent products and such but they don`t work. Good luck though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hate to break it to you but you cant get scratches out with Z5, it might have filled them a bit but Z5 is not abrasive.

Post Thanks / Like
    in my country, if a roaming cat been found by group of drunk fellas, you`ll never see that cat again. Don`t ask why!!!! You don`t want to know.....

Post Thanks / Like
    problem is, how do you find the owner

Post Thanks / Like
    I am having the same problem. I have had to polish the hood of my car three times in the past 2 months. Animal control won`t come out. It is a stray cat too. I saw him jump on my hood on Sat so I went outside and got a spray bottle and sprayed him in the face with water. I hope he got a clue. Other alternatives are car covers and there is a product called a scat mat (you can find them on ebay) and if the cat jumps on it they get shocked.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m lucky that my cat is scared of the garage. She was very little and it was maybe two or three days after she was declawed and my mom accidently stepped on her feet when she was trying to sneak out there. She won`t even hang out near that door or try the garage.

My friends family had that issue with their cat. They sprayed him with a bottle filled with water every time he did it until he stopped for good. Aim for the face. It`s just water, but they hate it in their eyes. I`d try that, if that doesn`t work, I`d do Scottwax`s suggestion next.
    1987 Corvette Convertible - Currently DG105 w/ Aquawax.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you go to Lowe`s or HD, they sell some kinda pepper-like powder, which cats hate. It`s not harmful, they just won`t be able to get close to it. Put it around the car and maybe some sorroundings of your house. It`s a lot more humane than anything else.

Just MHO
    Owner of Major Auto Works. Serving the eastern half of Puerto Rico :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot
    I don`t mean this wrong, man, but not the best way to control a cat. If you go to Lowe`s or HD, they sell some kinda pepper-like powder, which cats hate. It`s not harmful, they just won`t be able to get close to it. Put it around the car and maybe some sorroundings of your house. It`s a lot more humane than anything else.

Just MHO
    I was just kidding, I would never kill a cat, I was just goofin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamHBonney
    I was just kidding, I would never kill a cat, I was just goofin.

Bro, tell me that next time! you scared me! lol:spit:

Post Thanks / Like
    Whatever you do don`t put food out on your front step or something. The cat will forever think your property is a feeding ground.
    Jonathan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW335i
    Whatever you do don`t put food out on your front step or something. The cat will forever think your property is a feeding ground.

I agree, since it has happened to me... Never, ever feed him/her!:nomore:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information