Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I`ve had my 06` RSX for almost a year now, and after never applying any wax.. I figure it`s time to do so. The reason I`ve never waxed the car or anything is because it`s not a daily driver, it always sits in a garage and washed bi weekly while never being driven more than 10 or so miles at a time. Yeah...thus it only has 1600 some odd miles. So, I don`t think claying and polishing is nessarry after looking over the paint (very few minor swirls and few scratches). It`s silver too. All I`m really after is some good solid protection being it`s going to be a daily driver soon in fact.

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1988/ride1hg2.jpg <---Photo

I`ve looked at Zymol Japon wax and quickly realized this wax is the opposite of what I`m looking for as far as a good protection, and shine (not to mention price, geez!). So, now I`m stuck. Any recomendations? OTC or online products; doesn`t matter to me.

~Thanks in advance.
    Have:

06` Acura RSX -- Albaster Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I would clay a car with zero miles, its very important...

Also, if you have swirls you are still gonna have them after you wax you know, you need to polish those out if you dont want them anymore.

But as a general rule for silver cars if you want a highly reflective bright shine go with the klasse twins.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the look of Collinite 845IW on silver - it deepens the paint, plus its inexpensive and ultra-durable. If you prefer gloss over depth, try Zaino Z2Pro or Duragloss 105tpp.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    ron is right!!!! :getdown Use a Klasse twins and I bet you`ll be happy. Just recently used these product in my `06 Sequoia and man I can`t believe the result. Just clay it first, then apply the AIO and on top of that use Klasse SG. Also, don`t forget to get those applicator. For QD, use Sonus Spritz it works really well with Klasse. Hope these helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelea4ever
    ron is right!!!! :getdown Use a Klasse twins and I bet you`ll be happy. Just recently used these product in my `06 Sequoia and man I can`t believe the result. Just clay it first, then apply the AIO and on top of that use Klasse SG. Also, don`t forget to get those applicator. For QD, use Sonus Spritz it works really well with Klasse. Hope these helps.

Many people on the forum compare the Klasse twins to the Werkstatt Prime/ AJ-Trigger. Any recommendations as I decide between these two products?

Also, would you recommend a AIO + Sealant or something more along the lines of a wax such as Clearkote?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by midwesterner
    Many people on the forum compare the Klasse twins to the Werkstatt Prime/ AJ-Trigger. Any recommendations as I decide between these two products?

Also, would you recommend a AIO + Sealant or something more along the lines of a wax such as Clearkote?

The Werkstatt setup is basically an improved version of Klasse, IMO. I`d get Prime Strong, AJ Trigger, and if you`re looking for a wax to top it with, Carnuba Jett is great too.

As for the AIO/Sealant vs. wax setup, it largely depends on color, how hard the paint is, and how perfect you can get it before LSP. On a light car in good condition, sealants look great. When you have a need for filling (soft paint, dark color, can`t perfect the paint with polishes), a carnuba is unbeatable. Plus carnubas offer better depth in my experience.

You can always have your cake and eat it too - try Prime Strong, AJT x3, Carnuba Jett.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by midwesterner

Honestly, I haven`t tried the WP/AJ-Trigger so I will only comment on Klasse. I decided that I will only use Klasse twins since the very first time I used it, it did a very good job in my vehicle (I should`ve posted the result). Klasse, IMO are really good in light colored vehicle since it`s a synthetic wax, just like my Desert Sand Sequoia. Anyway, what color is your ride? If it`s a dark colored vehicle, I believe Klasse will still do a good job but you will never get a depth result into it unless you`ll put a Carnauba Wax on top of Klasse twins. Plus it suppose to last long, some say 4-6 months and others 6-8 months. But anyway, Klasse last longer compare to other.

Yes I would recommend the AIO & Sealant. These is why they are called twins because they are very effective if you will use them both rather than one or another. You can top Klasse twins with P21s Carnauba wax for more depth color. Hope these helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks these responses are super helpful

With the Werkstatt setup, if after using the Prime/AJ-T how do you choose between the various LSPs. I think the Carnabuna Glos is one option, but what about the Acrylic Glos. Which is better?

I was instead going to get some Duragloss AW instead of the Glos....any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    On silver, I too love Klasse AIO, but I usually top with FMJ. Really looks good.
    2005 Black Hummer H2--No More

2006 White Volvo S40

Now proud owner of a brand new 2007 SeaRay 310
    :heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    Mugen_Tech- Different opinion here: I wouldn`t use a sealant unless you`re gonna remove all the marring (and not get more ). Those "minor swirls and a few scratches" will really show, more so than with a wax (like Collinite, which is what I`d recommend). And plenty of people find the Klasse twins a little tricky to use.

And yeah, I too think you oughta clay it. Use some gentle clay (and lots of lube) so you don`t mar the paint.

The durability of Collinite is very impressive and in some cases it seems to resist environmental hazards like bird bombs even better than some sealants. No, I`m not down on sealants, I use them on two of my vehicles. But I`d just clay it, give it a light polishing, and wax it with Collinite.

For the polish, if you`re working by hand I`d use 1Z (check out this source: Aloha & Welcome to Our Oasis for All Your Auto Detailing Supplies & Accessories ). The 1Z/Collinite approach is user-friendly and effective.

Thread Information