Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

about a month ago a parking lot next to ours at the office was being prepared for pavement, and they showered all our cars with tiny dots of black asphalt that stuck on my car`s paint!

I`ve been stressed about it since almost a month has passed because I`ve been really busy at work, and I want to do it myself (I don`t trust ANY detailer in my area.. in fact there`s no such thing as a detailer around really, only swirlwash). For the last 3 years I`ve been using the wash/clay/Klasse AIO/Klasse SG/Wax formula, and I plan to do the same this thursday (day off), the question is, what should I use to remove those tiny black spots of asphalt stuck to all my car`s paint? I can remove them with really hard rubbing with my fingers and some spit (sorry) so I know it can be done and it`ll be a lot of work, I`d just like to know the best approach to do it.

Will claying be enough? I wonder if some product like Meguiar`s DC#1 will help, or is it redundant since I already have Klasse AIO.

Also, any recommendation for a good product for this that I could easily get at pep boys/autozone? I can`t wait for an online order, I`d like to do it this week.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wipe the areas with diesal fuel or kerosene...it will disolve the tar...road crews clean all thier equipment with that....will not hurt the paint at all...will have to follow up with a a AIO and SG regime...any solvent you use will degrade the sealant some....I would clean it first before you try clay..they clay will grab the gritty stuff and may mar the paint some...

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    You just need to get some kind of solvent like 3m adhesive remover or such. I detailed 6 asphalt dump trucks about a month ago and I got rid of the asphalt with a little solvent and kerosene in tough places. Kerosene wont hurt paint if it does not stay on long, and it does a great job of removing it. Think of it this way, if you spill kerosene/gas/diesel on pavement, it eats through it right? Same thing with your car. Just make sure to wash the car with DAWN afterwards to remove any grease.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks.. is Prep Sol also good for this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapp
    thanks.. is Prep Sol also good for this?

yes prep sol will cut it.....

Al
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

Post Thanks / Like
    Al is right on the money with the diesel fuel.I have worked asphalt for 30 yrs now and thats what we use on our trucks.We mist it on then let it set and do its job say for 2-3 minutes go over it with a fuel rag.Then we use a wet rag or get to the car wash and start from scratch .It will remove any wax ,but doent hurt the finsh at all .Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never heard of useing diesel fuel but that sounds reasonable. Do you think it works better than Prep Sol?
    Learning How To Detail the Eco-Friendly Way

Post Thanks / Like
    Mineral Spirits as well should work.

Thread Information