Post Thanks / Like
    I have been doing some searching and a lot of people claim Zaino is the best for longevity of protection. Which Zaino?

I have also read a lot about NXT and #21 but Zaino outperforms as far as lasting. I don`t have the time to constantly be waxing my car every weekend, and I don`t think it`s something I should have to do if there are better longer lasting products out there.

Before I found this forum I used Mothers Carnuba wax, and if it would last what seemed like 3 days or so, and water would just stop beading. It`d be nice if I could buy locally, but I`d be willing to wait for the right product.

Suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    you can use any of the zaino sealants. z5 for dark colors z2 for light colors then lock it all in with clear seal.
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Most any sealant should last at least a couple months. Most good waxes also last 6 weeks or more. Collinite waxes last several months as well. Really you should just go through the Click And Brag`s and find similar colored cars and see what they used.

Post Thanks / Like
    WhiteFox- FWIW, I only use sealants on vehicles where I can get *and keep* a basically flawless finish. Any marring will really show with a sealant on it, whereas waxes are much more forgiving.

I`d go with the Collinite wax. I put the last coat of 476S on my Blazer back in September and it`s still holding up well. Their 845 Insulator Wax doesn`t last quite as long, but it`s also good stuff- very user-friendly (my niece-in-law uses it on a vehicle I gave her) and it`s often available locally. If they don`t have it at autoparts stores, you could try calling any boat/marine shops in your area, they often have Collinite.

Oh, and Welcome to Autopia!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, WhiteFox!

What Accumulator said. You would be happy with either "flavor" of Collinite. I had two coats of 845 on my car for the winter, and it is still beading.

I sort of live in the "boonies," but an auto parts store 20 minutes away carries Collinite. It should be easy enough to find.

Thread Information