Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I use Klasse AIO to get ridd off this severe watermarks?and can i top it with polish to eliminate swirlmarks?Thx.

This is my hood (Nissan XTrail 2004), i lived in tropical country that has acid rains..

Thx Guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not too familiar with Klasse but I know with serious water etching, not even the best compounds will get them out let alone an AIO product.

I would venture to say no that chemical will not due if they`re etched in. (you did say severe)

Post Thanks / Like
    yea that looks beastly, id try a compound first maybe Optimum with a rotary, then if that doesnt work then wet sand if you know how

Post Thanks / Like
    MI DOG, as I said on MOL, you`ll need a heavy compound to get rid of those (especially when seeing this pic). I have etched in water spots exactly on the same place behind the water jets that are unremovable - without risking too much clearcoat.

Post Thanks / Like
    you guys gotta start using better washer fluid or wash the car more often.

If i use washer fluid concentrate (not mixed) i usually use purified water or bottled water, (yes im a freak to lol) works wonders since ive never had hard water spots on the car. If i use water from the shop then i get hard water spots like crazy

Post Thanks / Like
    You could try the ABC decontamination kit or the one from FK.

Post Thanks / Like
    bluej, I`m using only purified water too - the marks are from the previous owner.

ALTA, yes, the decon first step is a very good starting point.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see,so i must use heavy compund to eliminate those water spots. Usually,Cheap Detailer in my place use some amonia mixed with water and car wash soap to eliminate watermarks. it easily remove it. But i know there is some risk with using it. Detailer in my place is around $20-$70. its very cheap right?hehehe..

Hi Bence,never thought i met you here hehehe.. so to remove this etched watermarks i must use rubbing compound?

Post Thanks / Like
    can i use rubbing compound with random orbital polisher?

Post Thanks / Like
    Life is unforeseeable...

What kind of compounds do you have?

(Other question: is US$50 acceptable for a 5 kg durian?)

Post Thanks / Like
    I planned to use #83 (Dual Action Cleaner-CMIIW) with W8006 pad and of course with bosch hehehe.. #83 contains more compound than #80 right? to eliminate those watermarks i need 4 times application with #80,but not all gone.

Hahaha.. maybe you will get 8-10KG with very best quality!

Post Thanks / Like
    The #83 may be on the edge. Theoretically, it has enough bite to tackle the issue, but you never know how hard the water was. With such extreme spotting use the full speed mode on the Bosch (I love mine), and a healthy bit of pressure. But you`ll see what will give you the wanted results.

But you can try the old white vinegar trick as well. But wash it afterwards to neutralize the acid. Vinegar is not that strong so it is basically safe for the paint but you want to be on the safe side, don`t you?

Post Thanks / Like
    I used 4 application with #80 to eliminate watermarks. maybe it only takes 2 application with #83. it just my opinion. im not really sure. hmm.. white vinegar?it contains amonia in it right?i have pure amonia that usually used in body shop. it must 1 : 15 with water. is the vinegar function same as clay?to eliminate above surface watermarks?because that photo is after i`ve clayed the entire vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vinegar acts as a chemical cleaner here by dissolving the calcium deposits. What the clay is unable to remove mechanically, the vinegar will do it chemically. No ammonia in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to say the same thing as Bence try a white winegar wash It should melt alot of thouse marks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information