Post Thanks / Like
    I use it and have not noticed a problem with it, but started to notice small swirls on my wifes blue sante fe............I love the product though and do not want to stop using it. But, if it is causing problems then it needs to be dropped.

Post Thanks / Like
    What are ya washing with?

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to wash in the winter with power wash as it gets really cold here, unfortunatley when I use the absorber it may leave little streaks of dirt on the absorber. Not granuales but a film. In the summer I use a pressure washer to soak, soap, then use a microfiber chenelle mit and rinse again. Then an absorber or recently a microfiber towel. My towel is not always dry though and forced to use the absorber.

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont like the absorber, it "paint" when you run it across the finish. i find it hard to use and not that great at protecting against harming your paint. i sometimes use it now to dry the windows

Post Thanks / Like
    I will admit that the absorber does not work well on a dark vehicle, but you only need one. and it will dry in one sweep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005tundra
    I use it and have not noticed a problem with it, but started to notice small swirls on my wifes blue sante fe.
    Are you swiping it? If yes, don`t swipe it, use it as an "absorber", put it on surface, blot down the water, take it off, dry with microfiber. I use it to remove majority of water fast and then microfiber for actual drying.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to wash in the winter with power wash as it gets really cold here, unfortunatley when I use the absorber it may leave little streaks of dirt on the absorber. Not granuales but a film. In the summer...
    If you’re getting dirt on the Absorber you’re rubbing that dirt into the finish. Just because you can’t feel the granules doesn’t meant they aren’t large enough to cause swirls.

...or recently a microfiber towel. My towel is not always dry though and forced to use the absorber.
    Sounds like a good excuse to buy more microfibers! (Not that you really need an excuse.)

PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using it now for over 3 years and never had a problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I will have to absorb with it, not swipe it. Then use the microfiber. Sounds like a plan. I have noticed on my tundra that in the dark or just the right light I can see swirls in the clearcoat of the silver sky metallic. Should I lightly polish it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the absorber for years, dont plan on changing either
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I will have to absorb with it, not swipe it. Then use the microfiber. Sounds like a plan. I have noticed on my tundra that in the dark or just the right light I can see swirls in the clearcoat of the silver sky metallic. Should I lightly polish it?

Yes. Swirls can be pretty hard to see in silver - I`ve got "the eye" and I don`t usually see swirls in silver unless I`ve got polarized sunglasses on, artificial light, or the car is really trashed.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Thread Information