Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok after reading through this entire post I can`t find my question so here it goes.

Since i have been using onr regularly i have been cleaning tires with an apc and brush kit and i pretty much rinse them with a sponge and clean water, do you use onr to clean tires? Or do you soak em with a heavier cleaner and scrub?

Post Thanks / Like
    Scottwax does indeed use ONR to clean the tires/rims/wheel wells as stated in the original post. Here ya go:

Steps:

1. Using a capful or approximately one half ounce of Optimum No Rinse (ONR), add it to one gallon of water in the bucket.

2. Clean your wheels, tires and fenderwells using the ONR mixture and your brushes, wipe dry with the terry cloth towels.

3. Dress the wheels and fenderwells with your tire dressing-and don`t forget the fenderwells! Dirty fenderwells detract from an otherwise clean and shiny car!

-Frank
    Wahoo!! I have a UDM!!!

My car: `02 Civic EX 4DR Burgundy Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Onr is not strong enough to clean the majority of tires i clean, i guess there are no dirt roads in his area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scottwax,

Your saying on a Black car, to use ONR, and that it will not leave scratches? I just don`t see how that`s possible unless ONR is leaving some residue behind to hide/fill them.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^that has been covered many times. People have done their own testing to validate ONRs system, and searching will reveal them. Not only that, Scottwax and others have been detailing for quite some time, and they do it to put food on the table, among other things. I just don`t think it would be a good business decision to use ONR if it didn`t work in their best interests.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester7677
    Scottwax,

Your saying on a Black car, to use ONR, and that it will not leave scratches? I just don`t see how that`s possible unless ONR is leaving some residue behind to hide/fill them.

10,000+ cars since 1993 using first QEW and the past 18 months, ONR, I think if there was a problem using a rinseless wash on black cars, I`d be out of business by now.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    If I wasn`t stunned, I would not be asking. Now I wish my wife had a black car to test...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Egleone6
    Just a quick question, I have asked this before, but since the bible of car detailing is being under review, What are the steps after the car is washed?

Like when do you use a Polish, then say a Wax? Do you use a Sealant all the time? Or a Paint cleaner vs a Cleaner Wax and when?

That is all for now.

Great thread.

I don`t want to step on any toes but from reading several of Scottwax`s Click and Brag`s, I seem to believe his order is 1) wash with ONR, 2) Clay, 3) Compound Polish (if needed), 4) Finish Polish, 5) LSP (Sealant or Wax depending on paint color).

If that is not correct Scott, my apologies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone used ONR to clean the rubber gaskets (the gaskets are around the doors)? How well does it work? Any trouble applying 303 after? (Since ONR leaves a slick finish).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bert31
    I don`t want to step on any toes but from reading several of Scottwax`s Click and Brag`s, I seem to believe his order is 1) wash with ONR, 2) Clay, 3) Compound Polish (if needed), 4) Finish Polish, 5) LSP (Sealant or Wax depending on paint color).

If that is not correct Scott, my apologies.

So what gives that black car its "wet" look?

Post Thanks / Like

To determine that, I would spend a half hour or so of going through the Click and Brag section of the site. Most of the posters mention the products they use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome write-up, Scott. Gotta save this one to the HD. Do you have anymore pictures you could include in it that goes through all those different stages you listed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeWinLDS
    Awesome write-up, Scott. Gotta save this one to the HD. Do you have anymore pictures you could include in it that goes through all those different stages you listed?

Maybe next time I detail my brother`s Odyssey (in exchange for him building/maintaining my website) he can take pictures and maybe some videos as I go through the detail.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAP
    Has anyone used ONR to clean the rubber gaskets (the gaskets are around the doors)? How well does it work? Any trouble applying 303 after? (Since ONR leaves a slick finish).

ONR is fine for cleaning door jambs and weather stripping. I have no problems using Optimum Protectant Plus on them after.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like

Claying to remove bonded contaminents and polishing to remove defects is about 90% of the `wet look`.
    www.scottwax.com

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information