Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toml
    Scott, Megs no onger produces the Gold Class Super Plush Terrys ... do you know if the Soft Buff Terry Towels are the same thing?

I believe they are pretty much the same towel but with the silk hem removed.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anubus12
    Thanks, I`ll give it a try.

Another few questions:

I can get Protect All Quick & Easy Wash locally (http://www.protectall.com/qelg.htm). Is it the same type product as ONR? Have you used it? Does it perform as well, same processes, etc?

Or should I invest in ONR?

QEW is very similar (same wash process) but ONR leaves the finish noticably slicker and adds more gloss...and that is from side by side testing on several vehicles since I had been using QEW for a good 12-13 years before ONR came out. I wanted to be sure ONR was a better product before I switched from the no rinse wash that I had been using for so long.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    And the new edition of detailing bible is out!! Thanks scott!! :2thumbs: :thx

Post Thanks / Like
    I seems like you have a ton of products. About how much money do you think you have spent of products?

Post Thanks / Like
    Subscribed, great write up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Scottwax, how big of a car does one gallon of water+ONR cover?

Also, I believe you use a single bucket method. Do you use a grit guard or something to keep the dirt particles from getting into your washing media? Or does the ONR completely protect against the marring even if the dirt particles do get into the wash media?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    You can spray QD strength ONR on the front end and let sit a few minutes, that helps soften them up. I`ve been told by David at Optimum that a 1:1 ONR/water mix removes bug guts very quickly, I`m going to have to mix up a bottle to test.

Scott... have you tested the 1:1 mix on the bugs? I am curious as to your experience with it. When I tried it, it worked great at getting the bugs off, but I had a terrible problem with streaking... I had to wash/dry several times to get a clean finish.

Maybe I just went overboard on spraying the bugs?

Post Thanks / Like
    it looks so familiar......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JRock10
    it looks so familiar......

What looks so familiar?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carter840
    I seems like you have a ton of products. About how much money do you think you have spent of products?

A lot. And I mean a lot. I like to try new stuff when it comes out, you never know when the next big thing in detailing will hit the market and I don`t want to be behind the competition.

mikebai1990-I normally use 5-6 quarts of water and that is enough even for Suburbans as long as they aren`t too dirty. No grit guard, never had a problem not using one. I just change out the water halfway through on dirty cars.

Danin Re-I haven`t tried the 1:1 on bugs yet but I will soon. Seems the bugs in Texas this year are eating superglue.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for this thread. I`m a total newbie and for the past couple months have used your methods to wash & wax my new car, a copper red mica Mazda CX-7. ONR & OCW really are as easy to use as you say. The breakthrough for me in terms of getting truly optimal results, was using a plush microfiber rather than a waffle weave to dry. I`m not as fast as you, ScottWax, (no surprise there), but I`m fast enough for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokin04
    What looks so familiar?
    i`m on the other board where this is posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scottwax, I`m currently using KAIO/AJT on my silver Mazda. I`ll be topping it with Collinite 845 later on.

1. Will OCW work over Collinite 845? In general, is there any advantage of using OCW compared to Aquawax after each wash?

2. Is there a polish you`d recommend by hand that can be followed immediately by a sealant (no IPA required in between)?
    2007 Mazda3 hatch, sunlight silver :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a quick question, I have asked this before, but since the bible of car detailing is being under review, What are the steps after the car is washed?

Like when do you use a Polish, then say a Wax? Do you use a Sealant all the time? Or a Paint cleaner vs a Cleaner Wax and when?

That is all for now.

Great thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I`m glad this was bumped. I`ll have to try it out tomorrow night.
    2006 Acura RSX Type S

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information