Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott when are you going to make a video of you using optimum NR?

Post Thanks / Like
    Scottwax, can you tell us how you clean dirty interiors? What about cloth seats?

Post Thanks / Like
    OT crew :wavey:
    :io:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NightyNight
    OT crew :wavey:

:07: here:laugh:
    Owner of Major Auto Works. Serving the eastern half of Puerto Rico :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot
    :07: here:laugh:
    :06: :bounce
    :io:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m interested to know how you suggest handling bugs on the front grill and windshield using ONR. I did a black Acura TL today and it went well but the bugs really took a lot time to get off. On some really dirty trucks and SUVs I blast the wheels, wells, lower panels, and grill w/ my pressure washer after spraying degreaser on them. I would like to avoid getting all my stuff out if possible. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is great! Thank you for a very informative post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shadybreal
    I`m interested to know how you suggest handling bugs on the front grill and windshield using ONR. I did a black Acura TL today and it went well but the bugs really took a lot time to get off. On some really dirty trucks and SUVs I blast the wheels, wells, lower panels, and grill w/ my pressure washer after spraying degreaser on them. I would like to avoid getting all my stuff out if possible. Thanks!

You can spray QD strength ONR on the front end and let sit a few minutes, that helps soften them up. I`ve been told by David at Optimum that a 1:1 ONR/water mix removes bug guts very quickly, I`m going to have to mix up a bottle to test.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    You can spray QD strength ONR on the front end and let sit a few minutes, that helps soften them up. I`ve been told by David at Optimum that a 1:1 ONR/water mix removes bug guts very quickly, I`m going to have to mix up a bottle to test.

Sounds like a good idea. I`ll mix some in a small 4 ounce bottle to keep w/ me. I`ve been spraying the front w/ the ONR QD strength then come back and spray some DG bug remover and let it sit for a minute then use a bug scrubber. I then spray it again w/ the QD to remove any left over bug remover and dry w/ MF. Sound okay even if I`m not using the traditional rinse method?

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent post Scott. Thanks for sharing. I get great tips from professionals like. It helps me keep my cars looking their best. Thanks again. - Cliff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenney
    Scott when are you going to make a video of you using optimum NR?

When I can insure I can make money off the video.

shadybreal-should work fine when washing conventionally.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like

5. Using a chenille covered foam pad or a wash mitt, wash one section of the car at a time and dry immediately using two microfiber towels, one for the first drying pass and making sure you leave a little moisture behind, use the other towel for a second drying pass. If you get the panel completely dry with the first towel, then don`t go over it with the second towel because rubbing even a soft microfiber towel on dry paint can leave streaks.

Once you get the process down (it may take a couple washes to really nail it) you should be able to wash the body of your car in 20 minutes or less unless it is really filthy.

Thanks Scottwax for the great info. With ONR, your step shown above, can you be a little more specific as to how to exactly wash? What I mean is do you soak the mitt with ONR/water mix wipe a section of the vehicle (in straight lines), rinse the pad in clean water, then resoak in ONR/water mix and continue. Is this right?

I guess why I am asking is because I would think this method can scratch the paint because there really is no suds or lubrication. Wouldn`t cleaning this way rub dirt with the mitt along the paint?

Maybe I am missing something. Any clafirication would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anubus12
    Thanks Scottwax for the great info. With ONR, your step shown above, can you be a little more specific as to how to exactly wash? What I mean is do you soak the mitt with ONR/water mix wipe a section of the vehicle (in straight lines), rinse the pad in clean water, then resoak in ONR/water mix and continue. Is this right?

I guess why I am asking is because I would think this method can scratch the paint because there really is no suds or lubrication. Wouldn`t cleaning this way rub dirt with the mitt along the paint?

Maybe I am missing something. Any clafirication would be appreciated.

Ignore what your gut tells you. Washing as described with ONR exactly as I described will not mar the paint.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Ignore what your gut tells you. Washing as described with ONR exactly as I described will not mar the paint.

Thanks, I`ll give it a try.

Another few questions:

I can get Protect All Quick & Easy Wash locally (http://www.protectall.com/qelg.htm). Is it the same type product as ONR? Have you used it? Does it perform as well, same processes, etc?

Or should I invest in ONR?

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars Super Terrys for the first drying pass, yellow (with black trim) 16 x 16 Excel Detail MFs for the second pass.

Scott, Megs no onger produces the Gold Class Super Plush Terrys ... do you know if the Soft Buff Terry Towels are the same thing?
    Tom, 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5SL

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information