Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Humans tend to subsconsciously travel paths they are comfortable with, which is often paths that others have went through easily with success before.

Many tend to follow "6.5" pad for general PC polishing, 4" pad for spot repair" well beaten path. I know how 6.5" pad on PC feels. My body is familiar with vibrations, sound, can see when it is bogging down.

Few months ago I came across 5.5" thin pads and product description was telling me they would be easier to work with. I am of a curious kind so eventually they ended up purchased down the road.

Yesterday was first time I used them and I am happy to say my curiosity paid off. There was less vibrations. PC was not bogging down. I was able to maneuver more precisely. I was very happy with results of my "experiment". So much that such pads will be my default choice wherever appropriate from now on.

Don`t be afraid to explore paths less traveled. They are the only way to result in new rewards.

Post Thanks / Like
    From the title I thought this was going to be some kind of yoga spiritual thing.

You know topics have been wandering with the cold weather and snow.

Always good to keep an open mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gears
    From the title I thought this was going to be some kind of yoga spiritual thing.
    :chuckle: Well, on the serious side of that note, I tend to believe good philosophy and spiritual practices have to be grounded and in touch with everyday real life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone make a yellow cutting pad in 5.5"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mose
    Does anyone make a yellow cutting pad in 5.5"?
    I think LC does, but I don`t know who sells them (AG sells only orange and white ones, which is what I have).

However, LC makes their CSS pads in 5.25", sold through Danase, one of Autopia sponsors. I don`t know how those work yet, but I do plan to find out, they are on my "to purchase soon" list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoranC
    However, LC makes their CSS pads in 5.25", sold through Danase, one of Autopia sponsors. I don`t know how those work yet, but I do plan to find out, they are on my "to purchase soon" list.

Superb pads! The more I use them the more I like em. I also use the smaller 5.25 and 5.5 pads from AG and they`re my favorite for the PC. They`re the best balance of cutting, polishing with little vibration.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    you know what, i hate them...my excel detail pads work a lot better than my 5.5orange LC pads...just the opposite of everyone else...only reason I have them around anymore is for extra pads to remove heavy oxidation so that i dont waste my other pads...I got the 6 for 30 buck deal a while back....

Post Thanks / Like
    I walk on the other side of the path.... only 7.5" LC pads for me with the PC

Post Thanks / Like

just curious if you have been able to do any "serious" correction with 7.5" pads on the PC? i was frustrated even with 6.5" pads. once i tried 6" and 5.5" i never looked back. of course, for lighter stuff the bigger pads are better since you can cover more area faster.
    2007 Lexus IS350 | Tungsten Pearl

2012 Honda Accord LX-S | Polished Metal Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no problems at all. Just crank the PC up to #6 and with the right products I`m good to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    you know what, i hate them...my excel detail pads work a lot better than my 5.5orange LC pads...
    Maybe you missed point of my post. It wasn`t meant to compare particular pads. It was about how a) smaller pads are easier to work with, and even more b) how one shouldn`t be afgraid to explore different paths.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    What is your reason behind it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Humans tend to subsconsciously travel paths they are comfortable with, which is often paths that others have went through easily with success before.

Many tend to follow "6.5" pad for general PC polishing, 4" pad for spot repair" well beaten path. I know how 6.5" pad on PC feels. My body is familiar with vibrations, sound, can see when it is bogging down.

Few months ago I came across 5.5" thin pads and product description was telling me they would be easier to work with. I am of a curious kind so eventually they ended up purchased down the road.

Yesterday was first time I used them and I am happy to say my curiosity paid off. There was less vibrations. PC was not bogging down. I was able to maneuver more precisely. I was very happy with results of my "experiment". So much that such pads will be my default choice wherever appropriate from now on.

Don`t be afraid to explore paths less traveled. They are the only way to result in new rewards.

Thank you thank thank you!

I have been trying to tell people that anything bigger than 6" pads is a pain. I wont ever use pads bigger than 6" ever again.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is your reason behind it?

There are a few.

1- I got fed up with the velcro backing failing on a perfectly good 6.5" pad

2- The larger area = faster work (especially for final polish, paint cleaner, LSP)

3- LC 7.5" pads surround the backing plate which takes out the risk of the backing plate hitting the paint.

4- LC 7.5" pads are extremely durable. You won`t find the backing separating from the pad

5- The variable contact pad reduces sling when used with a rotary

6- I can use the same pads for the PC and rotary

7- The PC is still very effective with larger pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by budman3
    There are a few.

1- I got fed up with the velcro backing failing on a perfectly good 6.5" pad

2- The larger area = faster work (especially for final polish, paint cleaner, LSP)

3- LC 7.5" pads surround the backing plate which takes out the risk of the backing plate hitting the paint.

4- LC 7.5" pads are extremely durable. You won`t find the backing separating from the pad

5- The variable contact pad reduces sling when used with a rotary

6- I can use the same pads for the PC and rotary

7- The PC is still very effective with larger pads.

Try a pad that is 5"-6", just try it.

I cannot believe that a 7.5" pad does not bog the machine down. I used sonus DAS pads (7") when i first started out and they would bog the machine down with the slightest pressure. I cant imagine a 7.5" pad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information