Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    havent pc`d for awhile and about to. if i was just going to claybar and put per say NXT wax on.

how fast should i set my pc on? do i go over the area just once ? and what pad should i use? im guessing the softest (btw i have the edge pads)

thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    whoops wrong section. could mods move it please?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would apply it by hand instead, then probably use the PC to buff it...

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are just applying wax (as opposed to polishing), then you use ~3. If you are polishing, then you move up to 5-6.

Post Thanks / Like
    Though I`ve never used NXT, I use the PC/Cyclo to apply LSPs most of the time. Speed 3.5-4.5 with a pad that`s soft enough to *not* contribute any cut of its own. Yeah, the no-brainer choice is the softest finishing pad, but I actually prefer fairly soft polishing pads most of the time (they`re still gentle enough that they don`t do any abrading). I go over each area enough to satisfy myself that I`ve truly applied sufficient LSP to the surface (and that I got it down into the pores/microfissures of the paint).

Post Thanks / Like
    ahhh thanks. yeah 3 sounded about right.

also i think it was last spring when i went over my waxed area to much and it seemed like it wasnt wiping off so easily. Why is this?? and sometimes leaving a weird mark until i watered it or sprayed it.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I`m understanding your question correctly, you`re saying that sometimes when you wax, wax haze is left even when you wipe with your towel? If that is the case, then I would advise for you to use less product. When it is hazing, it means that you are applying too much wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Or, conversely, yoojeankim might`ve used too *little* product and, in effect, over-worked it.

yoojeankim- Don`t take this as a blow-off answer, but there`s a "sweet spot" with every product, an optimal amount + an optimal work time that simply works best and while I usually caution against using too much product, the best teacher is simply experience. One of my pet peeves is products that make finding this too difficult as it can be a fine line between "getting more experience" and "wasting your time struggling with a product". Perhaps that`s one reason why I stick with products that I find easy to use..after a little while they`re idiot-proof, at least to the extent that I`m likely to be an idiot

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the advice. im trying to find it. it gets better though everytime i try

Post Thanks / Like
    i know i should probably post another thread for this but ive gotten really good answers here

my process for using my pc was as follow

OHC , OP, then OW

is this correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yoojeankim
    havent pc`d for awhile and about to. if i was just going to claybar and put per say NXT wax on.

how fast should i set my pc on? do i go over the area just once ? and what pad should i use? im guessing the softest (btw i have the edge pads)

i just applied nxt by pc over a month ago on my ride, and did so on the 3 setting and also make sure to overlap your passes and work the lsp into a thin coat. removing will be a breeze...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigal3
    i just applied nxt by pc over a month ago on my ride, and did so on the 3 setting and also make sure to overlap your passes and work the lsp into a thin coat. removing will be a breeze...

thanks!

im still confused still on whats a good process with my optimum products. if any1 could help me in .

i have OHC,OC,OP and i heard good things about OW`s so i was thinking about getting that.

i have the edge pads and i know which 1 is softer and such.. ive noticed i think i spend to much time and id like to go a little faster with the process of simple steps.

So if any1 could guide me on which products and which pads first. etc. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    yoojeankim- I have very limited experience with the Optimum line and no experience with the Edge pads, so I`m not the best source for info. But yeah, that`s the proper progression of compounds/polishes.

Generally, you use cutting pads with the OHC, a light cutting pad with the OC, a polishing pad with the OP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends on your paint condition, do you have problems that require the use of a compound?

Post Thanks / Like
    no problem at all. i just was wondering if there was a process of me using a cutting pad of OHC then moving along to OP then just waxing it would be fine?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information