Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    putting all ties aside and move tommorow in the u.s. where would it be and why? the wife an i are all over the map lately and can`t really decide where to go, any ideas would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Estes Park, Colorado - Beautiful little town in the mountains of Colorado that has a great downtown area, great golf courses, and every day you are surrounded by the beauty of nature. One day I hope to move there, whether it be for my career or after retirement.

Not my picture below, but this is one of the lakes where I went fly fishing

You can`t tell me that isn`t breath taking

Post Thanks / Like
    it depends on what kind of budget I`d be living. I`m pretty happy where I`m at.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m with Joshua312, Colorado! I think Colorado in general receives more days with sun than most states, which I like. Indiana weather can be depressing. Also, apparently at least in Denver, it can snow one day and be gone the next. Unlike Indiana where if it snows, it`s there for 2+ weeks and gets nasty and "stale". I like fresh snow. The air is much better in Colorado. And best of all, it`s not overrun by city life; there`s still plenty of good ole mother nature & wild life.

Everything I`ve ever heard (except cost of living) is better in Colorado vs. here where I`m at in central Indiana. If you look up "best cities to live in" you`ll find a Colorado city or two on the list (Ft. Collins, Colorado Springs, Boulder, etc.). If I had to pick a place, it`d be Colorado for sure.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Anchorage, Alaska in the summer. It`s Colorado to the third power. In winter I`d have to get the hell out of there though.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    Tasty,

I have heard great things about Alaska, but I don`t know if I could handle being so far away from other states and don`t they have really short days during parts of the year, and some days the sun doesn`t even come out? The sun going down depresses me so in Colorado I like it because the sunset is always so beautiful.

A town that is up in the mountains but a little more lively than Estes Park is Loveland, Colorado. About 30 minutes away from Estes Park. As mshu said the air is just better in Colorado it seems, everything seems so clean and everyday you wake up it feels like you are on vacation. I can admit that I am jealous of anyone who gets to wake up in northern Colorado and get up and go to work

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Arizona. The only place I would want to live other than here is California (preferably So Cal), but I would need to establish a high paying job there to enjoy the standard of living. Honestly though, most of the Valley has become gorgeous. Granted, the summers suck, but we get to brag all winter long while the relatives try to find their car in a snowdrift.
    2013 Mazda 3 Skyactiv Sedan

2005 Mazda 3 2.3 Sportback

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m already there! Space Coast area of FL. We also had the opportunity to move anywhere in the US and have travelled around much of it in my 52 years. Great weather, relatively low taxes (no state income tax), year round golf, arguably the best fishing in the US, the ocean a 2 minute walk away, and the best part--- detailing year round! Wife`s happy too, cuz if Mommy ain`t happy, nobody`s happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anywhere where the words "wind chill factor" do not exist in anyone`s vocabulary

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been looking to relocate to Co also. Im tired of California, and its lack of winters. Its either hot or windy, and today its windy (40mph). Yesterday it was 80 something. The afforability index is real low for families..The hard part is once you leave Ca, theres no return. Anywhere I go, wont pay as much as here, but its a cost of living issue.

I was always told if I planned to move spend a week (at the new location) in the winter, and a week in the summer, for two conscutive years...Had I icked to go to Co 4-6 weeks a go when they had terrible weather, I probably would have made my mind up right then and there, not to move there!

Wyoming would be another nice area...
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Marin County, CA. Sausalito maybe. Or a little farther up the coast, like Bodega Bay.

I`ve lived in Colorado (Denver) for the last 22 years and I`m incredibly bored. The mountains are nice, but that`s ALL there is here. No sizable lakes, no rivers, and dry as a bone. You`ll love the sunny weather for a while but you`ll soon realize it`s way too dry here. And the mountains? Booooooring. There`s no variety. Every mountain, every tree, every rock look exactly the same everywhere you go. If you drive one mile, you`ve seen everything the Rockies has to offer. Colorado Springs is suffering from overgrowth and dirty air. Denver`s air rivals L.A. for worst in the nation. Boulder is okay if you like college towns. I`m a water guy. I need ocean, big lakes, major river, etc. Colorado has none of that.

The ideal situation is to have 2 homes, not one. I suggest selling your house and buying 2 condos, one on each coast. And a P-car in each garage.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    P-Nut, you should give Washington a visit! Although the town I live in is becoming over run with California transplants....stay away...you`re making the housing market insane.

Post Thanks / Like
    Colorado or Idaho. Like Patrick, I`m tired of CA, in specific, LA...Give me open spaces and seasonal changes!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Out of Country...... In Germany

In the US......... Texas................ far away from everyone......

Post Thanks / Like
    I just so happened to LOVE our 1.5 seasons. Hey, we even had TWO this year!
    Triple Honda Owner

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information