Post Thanks / Like
    I should be taking delivery of a new porsche 997TT in the next month or two (the wait is killing me!). So, while sitting here waiting and freezing in NY I figured I`d get my detailing plan all set.

I will be flying from L.I. to Cleveland to pick up the car and drive it home. Since it will be filthy by the time I get home I will instruct the dealer to do nothing but remove the paper and detail it myself when I get home. I would think everyone here would agree with that?

I would suspect after a wash and clay I shouldn`t need to aggressive a polish? I was thinking VM followed by RMG then either S100/P21S (my current wax) or was wondering if I should try souveran. Or, should I mix the two and skip a step? I`ve never used RMG (or any glaze before) but have used VM. I use a white polishing pad with the VM. what pad would work best with RMG and what pad if I mix the two?

I thought I remember seeing here that some apply RMG to the entire car and then buff off? is that correct or am I losing it?

The car is not a DD and garaged when not in use. I would think that I should not need anything more aggressive in a polsih than VM once or twice a year? The car will probably see close to 10K miles a year (I didn`t buy it to leave it in the garage!).

Finally, would you use RMG everytime you wax? Any harm in using that too much?

The car is slate grey metallic and I`ve attached a picture of exactly what it will look like. It is a very difficult color to photograph as it changes pretty significantly depending on the light. It actually has a brown/green hue to it under certain conditions. If there`s something else you think would work better please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully VM will be more than enough to prep the surface. I normally apply RMG with a finishing pad. I apply it to the whole vehicle and then remove.

As far as VM being enough once or twice a year - that will depend on how refined your maintenance techniques and supplies are. My guess is that you`ll need something a little stronger at least once a year.

The RMG/S100 combo would probably be great every 4-6 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! One more, is the RMG one of those "a little goes a long way" type products? Thought I saw that here. Some application hints would be great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful car.
    What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it`s all about???

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4...1967 Ford Mustang Coupe...2001 Audi A4 1.8T

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Zane. VM should be enough for initial prep but you might want a stronger polish like Optimum Polish or Menzerna FPII for once a year deep polishing.

I`d use VM with a polishing pad, spread at 5, polish out for a few passes on 6. You can apply it to the whole car or a section at a time.

RMG works best with a finishing pad and the speed on 4-5. A little goes a long way and 2-3 passes is enough for it to seem to melt into the paint.

If you are happy with S100, keep on using it. Carnauba Moose will slightly darken the finish and is more durable than S100. Souveran would also work well and has unreal depth. A little more durable than S100.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information