Post Thanks / Like
    I am curious about something that I have had happen at least a dozen times (probably more) since I have started detailing and I am wondering if it happens to you guys?

How many times have your customers (mostly new customers), left perfectly crisp $10, $20, $50, and $100 bills under the floormats or under the seats of their vehicles?

I find the whole thing quite humorous since I have no interest in being dishonest with my customers. I love seeing them non-chelantly inspect the area where they left the bill when they dropped the vehicle off.

I used to get a little insulted in the beginning until it sunk in that it comes with the territory when you are performing a service.

Good times.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has never happened to me .... I wouldn`t get insulted because these people don`t know my character until we`ve built a relationship. I would see it as an opportunity to win their trust.

If I ever find anything of value during the detail, I just set it aside in a pouch and return it to the client when I give them their keys back. If it is of unusually high value or interest I might just make a comment that I found the item in case they were looking for it.

Mobile Detailing Services justin30513's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never happened here either. But I wouldn`t get mad if they did. It`s just the nature of the beast. When I make an appointment, I always tell them to remove all garbage and valuables before I get there. I`ve charged a 50.00 trash removal fee before and they didn`t blink an eye and still use me. Maybe I should offer it as an add on service?

LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found money, but nothing placed intentionally.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    When I am clesaing thr interior, one of the first things I do after taking everything out of the insdide ( mats, loose stuff and trash) is to seacrh under the seats for items such as coins, pens, jewelry and otheritems ( I once found a sex toy!)

Everything goes into a gallon sized resealable plastic bag that has a label you can write on. I write the words "found items" on it and give it bck to the customer. My wife saves the boxes that copier paper comes in, anything loose in the trunk goes into one of those boxes and placed back in the trunk afetr cleaning the area.

I did once find three $100 bills in the space between the driver`s seat and the console. I called the owner and asked him of he had misplaced it.

Besides your detailing abilities, honesty will keep clients ciming back!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justin30513
    Never happened here either. But I wouldn`t get mad if they did. It`s just the nature of the beast. When I make an appointment, I always tell them to remove all garbage and valuables before I get there. I`ve charged a 50.00 trash removal fee before and they didn`t blink an eye and still use me. Maybe I should offer it as an add on service?

LOL!

Wish I had the guts to charge a $50 trash removal fee. Even if I charged a .25 cent trash removal fee I would probably be a millionaire at this point....

It might make sense as an add on...lol My old housecleaners used to charge me for items left on the floor, so why cant I do it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Like this?

I don`t think I have had any customer intentionally plant money to see if I am honest. I have several customers who carry $1000s with them and often leave it in the car knowing I won`t take it. I can see someone who has had a bad experience doing what you describe though.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Like this?

I don`t think I have had any customer intentionally plant money to see if I am honest. I have several customers who carry $1000s with them and often leave it in the car knowing I won`t take it. I can see someone who has had a bad experience doing what you describe though.

Exactly like that..

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,what kind of customers are you detailing for? IMO that`s just plain stupid of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Allred, you should have caught this thread last year.

http://autopia.org/forum/professiona...tml?highlight=

Thread Information