Post Thanks / Like
    I need some quick help/ product recomendations for removing these swirls. Oh, and I have to be able to by the product at pep boys.

Post Thanks / Like
    How bad are the swirls? How well has the car been maintained? Any pictures?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry can`t figure out how to post the pic, but lets just say they are mostly wash induced, and are only medium bad, not terrible.

Post Thanks / Like
    For pictures, you can host them onto imageshack.us, copy the forum link, and post directly into the reply box. Basically you need the picture link between the [IMG] [/IMG] tags.

Are you using a PC, rotary, or just by hand? What kind of pads do you have?

For polish, you can consider the Optimum line (OP, OC), Poorboys line (SSR), or Meguiars (#80, #83). For pads, you can use the Lake Country orange and white pads. I don`t know too much about the other pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a dewalt random orbital (DA443)

Post Thanks / Like
    And a rotary, but I am not all that good with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can`t get that much at pep boys - Mothers Power Polish or Meguiar`s #80 is about all you`re going to find.....if you`re lucky. You`re much better off going to a body shop supply store (look in the yellow pages), they`ll usually carry the entire Meguiar`s professional lineup, if not Presta or Malco.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not too familiar with pepboys, but you won`t be able to find much like themightytimmah has mentioned. If you can honestly purchase from an online dealer like autogeek.net or any other ones out there and even our sponsors.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are going to do it, do it right. Spend some time here asking/searching get the great products, then you will really have done it right.

Changeling

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by themightytimmah
    You can`t get that much at pep boys - Mothers Power Polish or Meguiar`s #80 is about all you`re going to find.....if you`re lucky. You`re much better off going to a body shop supply store (look in the yellow pages), they`ll usually carry the entire Meguiar`s professional lineup, if not Presta or Malco.

Thanks for the help. I just might try doing that, but I have limited time (until tomorrow morning) to finish this one. So here is the list of products I currently have...

workout 200, crystal buff, crystal shine, super glaze, mother`s pre wax cleaner, zymol paint cleaner, some yellow wax, weather sheild, turtle wax and I think thats it.

I would really like to complete the job with these polishes/waxes. I also have about 6 pads for the rotary. I think thats what I will end up doing. I tryed my "light cut" pad, with workout 200, and some of the scratches still remained.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you really do need to buy from pep boys I would look into meguiars and 3m. Like others have said they may carry #80 or #83 both of which should work well. If not I know the one near me carries a fairly extensive 3m lineup. I have some of their older products though that are not sold anymore so someone else will have to chime in with the names of some of their newer products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did it! They came out nicely with a little workout 2000, a "light cut" pad, followed by a zymol paint cleaner, followed by super glaze! Ok so its not 100% perfect, but thats only because its only the second or third time I have used a rotary extensively on a car. I went for it, and while it took some extra time and effort, it was all worth it in the end. Thanks for the help guys. Next time I`ll be a little more prepared.

Thread Information