Post Thanks / Like
    Did a quick search and couldn`t find an answer, so thought I wouled post this up

Well lesson #1 here is don`t let friends and family around your detailing gear. I had a bag of my very high quality paint only MF`s sitting in a bag on the dryer, I was going to go wash these as soon as a spot came up in our washer. My brother decides oh this is fine and he tosses the MF`s in with his clothes.

I come back later and see he`s both WASHED and DRIED my towels in the drier with his everyday clothes. I tried wiping them on my black car, and anytime I even do as little as brush them against my paint it is LITTERED with tiny specs of lint etc.

Is there anyway to recover these towels? or are they pretty much toast? This sux since it`s almost $75 worth of towels too :/

I`ve tried washing them (didn`t expect this to work) but I haven`t put them in the dryer (aside from the time my brother did). I only ever let me MF towels air dry.
    Pinnacle Detailing - 1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T TypeM

Post Thanks / Like
    run your hands across thetm? rewash? shake? vacuum them? I don`t know for sure, gl

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe a lint roller will fix them.
    A well-prepared surface will make any wax look good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, you could try soaking/agitating with a dish detergent and then drain, and run the towels in the washing machine a few cycles to get the detergent out. Then run another load with MicroRestore or equivalent microfiber detergent. I`d figure if you get enough surfactant/slickness in the wash water, you could separate the lint from the split fibers in your towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    boil them then wash with vinager in the final rinse

Post Thanks / Like
    *I* wouldn`t boil nylon/polyamide. It`ll cause the delicate fibres to shrink somewhat and reduce effectiveness.

I would wash them in the machine with LOTS of medium/hot water and liquid detergent. This will help release contaminants from the fibres. It may require more than one wash. In any case, lint won`t harm your paint so, wash them, use them, wash them, use them, etc. Eventually no lint will be left.

Then ban your brother from getting within 100 metres of your MF towels! :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    *I* wouldn`t boil nylon/polyamide. It`ll cause the delicate fibres to shrink somewhat and reduce effectiveness.

I would wash them in the machine with LOTS of medium/hot water and liquid detergent. This will help release contaminants from the fibres. It may require more than one wash. In any case, lint won`t harm your paint so, wash them, use them, wash them, use them, etc. Eventually no lint will be left.

Then ban your brother from getting within 100 metres of your MF towels! :grinno:

FYI boiling water is only about half the temp needed to damage MF:hairpull

to the op:

search "boil" and you will soon see that this has helped out a lot of

people that have done the same thing

Post Thanks / Like
    You won`t hurt the towels by boiling them, don`t worry.

In fact, as I`ve mentioned elsewhere in the past on these forums, high heat is a crucial part of the manufacturing process.

I would start with BigJim`s advice and see what happens from there. A few runs through the washing machine will probably be needed.

Thread Information