Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang, that`s hardcore

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MorBid
    Dang, that`s hardcore

LOL. Kerosene used to be a cure-all for many things automotive!

I wash (quickly) outside down to 20F. That`s my limit. However, cold weather and using ONR in a garage seem to be a match made in heaven.

Post Thanks / Like
    How cold is too cold to wash your car? - WHEN YOU CANT FEEL YOUR HANDS, ITS TIME TO STOP!!! :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used QEW in 0 degree weather before. Wasn`t fun, but I did it :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by n2_space
    I`ve used QEW in 0 degree weather before. Wasn`t fun, but I did it :lol
    Speaking of which, it`s up to 38 and sunny so it`s time to pull out the ONR and get busy!

Post Thanks / Like
    In Minnesota where the today`s (1/28/10) high is 4F and low of -6. I`ll be washing my car in a Mr. B`s touch-less. It is essential to remove the salt build up every couple days to maintain a rust-free vehicle. Here are some tips:

Use a nanotechnology form Rubber/Vinyl/Leather cleaner/protectant I use a cheap turtle wax product but have had success with many others to maintain a non-cracking, non-water absorbing gasket. This will prevent your seals from freezing shut and keep water out as originally designed. Make sure to slather on this on with a lint free cloth and allow it to absorb - I do this twice on all seals and gaskets. You`ll notice most of the color is then restored on your weatherstripping and will last well... forever, or at least until the adheasive starts to break down many years from now. Next, keep a de-icer pen in your winter coat or on a dry erase marker holder mounted under the front bumper out of the way of any disturbances like I choose to do (helps when you have multiple winter coats). Last, you must not forget to apply a sub-zero lithium or other grease to door latches such as your hood/tailgate/trunk/gas doors, latches, and solenoids. A bit to your emergency brake cable and other moving parts underneath your vehicle and maybe your power mirrors or antenna would be a good idea as well. Keeping your windows clean inside and out is important to deter salt and road grit from building up inside your door keeping them rolling freely - I even use a light amount of sub-zero grease on the motors and side window sills to keep them moving even when the temps reach -30. This way if I ever became unaware and slid over a shallow bridge into the river I can still count on my windows to roll down and escape or maybe the functional seals will slow water coming into the vehicle long enough to roll the window down.

Remember - if you perform these precautions once, you will not have to perform them again until next season, and they will keep everything functional in sub-zero climates especially after washing. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information