Post Thanks / Like
    My orders arrived this morning so I finally got a chance to try these out. Here`s my mini review:

Foam Gun:
    This was a blast to use (literally). I was nervous that it wouldn`t work or the suds wouldn`t cling enough or it would be difficult etc. I live in a condo and we have this area that is designated for car washes and it has a hose. I couldn`t hook the foam gun up because the metal piece at the end of the hose was mangled due to having been run over by cars so I had to run to home depot get my own hose. When I finally got around to using the gun I just connected it, pulled the trigger and FFFFFFFFFFFFHHHTT!! out came the foam with that cool sound. :spot . I used Meg`s GC shampoo with a 40/60 soap:water mix and the adjuster thingy on setting 2 (1 being the weakest) . The foam was thick and was just clinging on the paint. I think it was thicker than most of the pics I`ve seen on this site. Not quite as thick as the pic on the Foam Gun ad page but still my car was completely covered in foam. I had to run inside to show the wife. I was planning on using the 2 bucket method but as I got going with the gun in one hand and the ShMitt on the other I decided that I didn`t need 2 buckets anymore. I pre-soaked the car, let it sit for 2-3 minutes and then rinsed it off. The car looked liked it was finished at this point. Very clean!! Especially the tires. Usually I clean my tires with a tire cleaner and soap by hand but after soaking in the foam for a couple of minutes and then rinsing they looked great. Washing my car usually takes a good hour for me but I was able to do it in 35 minutes using the gun. The foam did most of the work. I only had to pass the ShMitt lightly over the surface. I will never wash my car without the foam gun again.

Edge ShMitt: I have lots of mitts in my arsenal. All kinds, cheap and expensive. The ScMitt is the way to go for me now. Great product. Loved the way it held the soapy water that I carry from the bucket to the car. With my other mitts most of the water and soap is on the ground before it reaches my car. The ScMitt and a foam gun feels great. It`s hard to imagine getting swirls using the ShMitt w/ foam gun.

Duragloss Aquawax: Awesome and a great buy. I can`t believe how cheap this is! It was easy to apply and wipe off and the shine is very attractive. Now I know why so many people here rave about it. This is now my favorite spray/wax. It added depth to the NXT I had on my car and has kind of a unique look that I like.

AA Tire Foam: I read about how this has great cleaning ability so that`s why I got it. Worked great. I will always use it from now on. I sprayed it on, let it sit for awhile and then rinsed it off with the hose. Usually I put a tire shine product on my tires but the AA foam gave it this really clean natural looking glow that was nice. It looked like a new tire at a tire store. My wife even made a comment about the tires. I think I will hold off on the gel products until the next wash because I like this look.

So I`m pretty stoked about how good my car looks now. Thanks for all the help I`ve gotten from this site.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome reviews, cannot wait to try out the SchMitt and foam gun for myself.

Any pics of the foam?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using the foam gun for a long time, and a scmitt for slightly less. I love them both. My suggestion is to try the DP Xtreme Foam in your foamgum, I`ve never had any sudds close to it. Here`s a little snippet using the foamgun w/ DP Xtreme Foam.

Glad to see another satisfied foamgun user. It`s an awesome tool to have!!!
    Pinnacle Detailing - 1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T TypeM

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve already ordered the DP extreme foam! I`ll be using it the next wash.

The foam I got looked different than yours. I don`t know what it is but the `texture` looked different. Darn, I should`ve taken pics!

Also, my rinse bucket had virtually no dirt in it when I was done. Good sign indeed. I used to be one of those guys who didn`t look forward to washing the car. To me it was time consuming and a lot of work and something that I had to do before I could get to work with the waxes and trim etc. Now with the foam gun I`m looking forward to washing now! The Gun is Fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    How does the foam gun work when it`s very hot outside? Does the foam tend to try on the car? I use a PW when washing my customers vehicles, so how would you suggest use a foam gun and pw at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnab
    I`ve been using the foam gun for a long time, and a scmitt for slightly less. I love them both. My suggestion is to try the DP Xtreme Foam in your foamgum, I`ve never had any sudds close to it. Here`s a little snippet using the foamgun w/ DP Xtreme Foam.

Glad to see another satisfied foamgun user. It`s an awesome tool to have!!!

That`s a lot of foam! Big piles of it next to the car, and even some around that truck in the distance! That DP shampoo must be the ticket It almost looks like snow!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve only used it once but it seems like it wouldn`t be a problem. Maybe some experts will chime in though. I did a pre-soak of the whole car and then rinsed it all off. Then I went panel by panel using the gun to lubricate in front of where my mitt was going. It felt like a cushion of air. No friction at all. Then I rinsed the panel and moved on to the next so the soap never had a chance to dry. For me, using the gun made the wash so much faster so that should help if you`re worried about soap drying.

Hey, check this out. Usually after I was my car my wife puts all the towels and mitts and rags etc in the washing machine to be washed and I hand rinse a couple of things. I just asked her where the the new mitt I bought was (the edge shmitt) and she had already put it back to my detail supply area. The reason she did that was because it looked clean!! She thought I didn`t use it. Usually my witts are all beat up and have black marks and grime on them but the foam gun did such a good job of taking care of the dirt that the shmitt looks unused! There is not one spot of dirt on it! Haha! Pretty cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah
    I had to run inside to show the wife.

she must of thought you were crazy? like a kid with a new toy...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah
    AA Tire Foam:

for around $2.50 a can at walmart, you just can`t beat it (no touch is just a few cents cheaper)!. i`ve used it regularly, and it also does a good job on the wheel wells...

here`s a cool foam gun video if anyone hasn`t seen it... http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-p...foam+gun+video

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a foam gun too. It`s definitely fun to use, but I always walk away soaked. The other problem I have is water spotting unless you`re constantly rinsing, which can be a pain in the but.

You`d think you could go panel to rinse to the next panel, but it splashes a little...

Thread Information