Post Thanks / Like
    Well I am not a professional detailer, but do like to try and take good care of my cars. I was thinking about getting the myteeliteII for extracting my carpets because of how dirty my carpets get each year. But then I read somewhere about somebody using the Little Green Machine with pretty good results. If I only plan on extracting 2-3 cars a year, about two times each per year what do you guys think I should get? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I have been looking at the Desiderio dry vapor. It`s an amazing machine and carries a price tag of $1,300. the cart is about another $200. I was looking at the videos of it in action at Car Detailing Training - auto detailing, car detailing Seems like it would be good for the house as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless you are doing hundreds of cars you don`t need an extractor. A lot of us use a powerful shop vac instead. I have a small 5hp from home depot that works really well. Do a search you will find quite a bit of info on this.
    2010 Nissan 370Z

Superior Auto Care

Post Thanks / Like
    These are in two different prices ranges and one is much better than the other.

I had a LGM and as a weekend detailer on your own cars its a great tool and will produce some decent results, however the draw backs are. the hose is way short so you are moving the unit around allot as you work on the car, the tanks are small so on any car you are going to be refilling them a few times, however as I said this is a decent choice for a weekend guy at its cost

The other is a more professional level machine and if you can swing the costs its the best choice and will produce better resutls.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just use the little green machine. Works out great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought the Thoro-matic Eraser. I used it on my Explorer to get familiar with it. Not bad for a $350 dollar commercial machine. The only complaint so far is the auto/upholstery attachment doesn`t stay on the hose very well; it`s friction fit only. The dealer recommended electrical tape around it if I don`t plan on swapping attachments.

Here`s the link- no affiliation, blah blah blah.

Thoro-matic Eraser- $350 at my local vaccum shop

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the replys. The Desiderio is a nice looking machine but way too much $ for me to consider.

DSVWGLI--I was thinking the same, but I want that really clean look. DO you just use OTC carpet cleaner and then vac it up?

beemerboy1--Thanks for the insight. I was aware of the price difference, but before I chose to spend a lot of money I wanted to make sure I wasn`t being foolish by getting too much machine for occasional use.

BlueLibby04--Any complaints about your LGM such that Beemerboy said? I think I can get a LGM for $40, so I am seriously leaning towards it.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lone

For weekend use and something that you can use around the house, trust me it comes in handy...the LGM is your choice, the other one is over kill IMO

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a little green and have a larger more powerful commercial unit. For the price, the little green is a pretty good unit, and if you`re only doing 2-3x a year, would be perfect. As said above, you can totally get away with a bucket of solution, a brush, and a wet/dry shop vac as well..although you won`t be able to as easily rinse out the solution as you would with the little green. Get the heated version, $89 at target.

Post Thanks / Like
    well I think you guys might have just save me a lot of money. I just recently bought a totally abused car that is nasty inside, maybe I will put the LGM to the test. Lightman, thanks for the insight. Target you say for the LGM? I am guessing that heated is probably better then the non-heated one....

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok one question. If I did do the bucket deal, what size shop vac? I want really good sucking action I believe. I have seen the metro vac, but that is $180. Could I get a craftsman wet/dry that would do just as good? Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    just get the craftsman vacuum...something over 5hp...or the rigid is pretty popular and cheap as well...

then if you are not satisfied, get the heated LGM...

then if you are not satisfied, get an extractor and sell the LGM

Post Thanks / Like
    Thr LGM is a toy compared to a 5hp shop vac. People on this forum have not been overly impressed with the LGM`s suction or the size of solution container which is way too small. It`s also not built very strong.
    2010 Nissan 370Z

Superior Auto Care

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a Heated LGM. Spray carpets with APC+, Scrub troubled areas with brush, remove solution with LGM. Works great.
    -2002 35th Anniversary SS Camaro Limited Edition-

-651rwhp/567rwtq @ 6400rpm.

-D1SC Procharger-Custom Cam-FMIC-6.0L Heads-9psi-

Thread Information