Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All, I absolutely love this site and have been reading a ton for the last few weeks. I got bunch of MF towels for Christmas and its brought a few questions that I need to get clarified before I ruin them. I apologize in advance if this rehashing old information.

Like I said, I`ve got a bunch of new 16x16 MF that I`ve been using for waxing, drying, quick detailing, windows, a little bit of ScratchX removal and interior. My first question is, assuming that I"m properly washing between uses, does it really matter that I`m reusing these same towels for these different purposes?

Also, I`ve got an assortment of terry and foam applicator pads. Same question as above. Can I reuse them for wax/polish purposes? Does it really make that big of a difference?

BTW, the only wax/polish products that I`ve been using are NXT & ScratchX. Thanks in advance!!

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as you wash them between uses it doesn`t matter.

Just clean the applicators as well.

Welcome to the site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply Danse. Anyone else have thoughts?

Also, I`ve been going through about 4-5 applicator pads each time I wax my entire car. Reason being, once both sides of the applicator get fairly wet from the liquid wax I use a fresh one. Does this sound good? Can I get by with using 1 or 2 for the whole car or is it better to use several like I have been?

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    I only use one applicator for each product that i`m using. If your applicators are getting excessively gunked up you might wanna use less product on each section and spread it out thinner.

Also, always make sure you`re washing your applicators appropriately after each use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouth
    Thanks for the reply Danse. Anyone else have thoughts?

Also, I`ve been going through about 4-5 applicator pads each time I wax my entire car. Reason being, once both sides of the applicator get fairly wet from the liquid wax I use a fresh one. Does this sound good? Can I get by with using 1 or 2 for the whole car or is it better to use several like I have been?

Thanks in advance!

4-5...isn`t that a lot? I think average should be 2...because you can use both sides of the applicator.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the applicators are getting wet that is fine. The more wet with product they get the less you will have to apply. Unless you are using multiple products I don`t think you need to be switching that much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    If the applicators are getting wet that is fine. The more wet with product they get the less you will have to apply. Unless you are using multiple products I don`t think you need to be switching that much.
    Thats great news then. For some reason I was thinking that you want to use a clean applicator regularly. For example, I would typically use one for hood, one for roof, one for each side..etc. I guess I don`t need to go buy more then. :woot:

Thread Information