Post Thanks / Like
    ok so i tried window cleaner, autoglym glass polish, and some stuff like CLR on these windows....no luck, haze is gone, but the water spots are still there. Then I tried 00 steel wool, and it did nothing, so 0000 is not even going to touch it....use the glass polish by hand and by PC with a megs polishing pad

what are my other options now....take the van into a glass polishing place or what??? We want to get the windows tinted, but its going to look stupid with permanent water spots there - tint magnifies the water spots....

HELP

Post Thanks / Like
    Try clay, it might help. But I`m a bit doubtful that clay will work if even the steel wool won`t get it off.

Post Thanks / Like
    forgot to mention that I tried sonus block clay - med grade and also megs 66 cleaner wax hoping the chemical makeup might do something for it...NOPE

any ideas???

Post Thanks / Like
    Why bring it somewhere, do it yourself. You have a PC right?

The kit is affordable and then you can start charging people for the service! ( once learned)

Eastwood Company: Auto Tools, Body Repair, Classic Car Restoration, House of Kolor Paint, Powder Coating
    Rob.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same problem you did. I dunno what the guy used (this was back in 03) but it was some sort of liquid. HE said if left on the window long enough it would actually damage the glass. It worked like a charm. No PC was used. The liquid was clear or a cloudy white (basically it was colorless). Sorry if this doesn`t help much but i`d thought i`d offer some sort of past experience

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a long shot buy give spot-x a try (5.99 at Home Depot)

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO the very best for glass and removing spots is a good window cleaner used along with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. The eraser is abrasive but not so much that it wioll do any damage to the glass and it will make your windows sparkel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JavierC
    I had the same problem you did. I dunno what the guy used (this was back in 03) but it was some sort of liquid. HE said if left on the window long enough it would actually damage the glass. It worked like a charm. No PC was used. The liquid was clear or a cloudy white (basically it was colorless). Sorry if this doesn`t help much but i`d thought i`d offer some sort of past experience
    It didn`t happen to be Whink Rust and Stain Remover did it?
    What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it`s all about???

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4...1967 Ford Mustang Coupe...2001 Audi A4 1.8T

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Meguiars heavy cut cleaner-you can use it with a terry coth towel and work it really hard or use a rotarty-It will remove nasty stuff that other things cannot remove.

I have not tried the magic eraser but you may want to give it a shot-it works wonders on the shower!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotaguy
    ok so i tried window cleaner, autoglym glass polish, and some stuff like CLR on these windows....no luck, haze is gone, but the water spots are still there. Then I tried 00 steel wool, and it did nothing, so 0000 is not even going to touch it....use the glass polish by hand and by PC with a megs polishing pad

what are my other options now....take the van into a glass polishing place or what??? We want to get the windows tinted, but its going to look stupid with permanent water spots there - tint magnifies the water spots....

HELP

This might work, give it a go, nothing to lose!

White vinegar, straight strength, polish it in an out of the way area to see if it will do the trick.

Good luck, Changeling

Post Thanks / Like
    Glass scrub gel works better than anything I have ever tried.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JavierC

Probably a strong acid compound - Hydroflouric I`d guess. It etches glass.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by themightytimmah
    Probably a strong acid compound - Hydroflouric I`d guess. It etches glass.
    Yeah, I have a hunch that it is Whink Rust and Stain Remover. It is mostly hydrofloric acid. I was just about to try this stuff on my windows. MY father-in-law said it works great if used properly. He heard the trick from another of his detailing buddies. I was strongly warned to NOT put it on windows that contain wipers.

I`m not sure I would suggest using that yet or not though. I am going to try it and see. It may ruin the window if I let it sit on there more than few moments.
    What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it`s all about???

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4...1967 Ford Mustang Coupe...2001 Audi A4 1.8T

Thread Information