Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys,

I`m new to the forums and was recommended i go on here to search for the information that would be helpful to my problem. Tried it and couldn`t find much to help me.

I recently took off my sunroof visor to clean the dirt and grime that was starting to build up in there. The car has only 6k on it so it wasn`t that much stuff. It`s an Acura RSX and the paint is white. Well once i cleaned it all off and rinsed it off, i found a slight yellow stain running in the formation of where the sunroof visor was mounted. I tried to get it out with Meguiar Wax, didn`t help. I tried regular car wash with a slightly rougher mitt and didn`t help. I even tried bug and tar remover on it...still didn`t help. I was told that perhaps the adhesive from the the sunroof visor had stained the paint and that maybe a polish could help. I`m going to pick up the recommended polish which was meguiar`s color X tommorrow and giving it a try.

I was wondering if any of you guys have had this same problem and how did you deal with it? Also any suggestions of any kind would be great. I really appreciate it

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I think i would opt for Deep Crystal Cleaner before the ColorX (If your going with OTC).......You really need some chemical cleaning......
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    MmMmmm just read up on Meguiar`s Deep Crystal Cleaner. I`ll probably pick some of this stuff up as well. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    An old car of mine used to have some really stubborn stains that refused to come off for anything I could find, even practially to the point of scouring with stuff like Simple Green in my pre-Autopia days. It looks like splattered mulberry jiuce. When I finally got around to trying clay it was like using an eraser.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice. I`ll try clay barring as well.~~

Thread Information