Post Thanks / Like
    ...and find that my parents have been using my DF towels for everyday activities and that when they washed/dried them that they used fabric softener. I now have no towels to remove the polish/wax from my car, which i was hoping to do today. What did the fabric softener do to the towels? Are they still safe to use if i wash them, or should i just not use them for the paint anymore and use them for the inside of the car instead?

Also, there are no stains at all on the towels, and its still clean like when i just bought it, but the towel seems to have several strands that are frayed and fuzzy now...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk
    ...and find that my parents have been using my DF towels for everyday activities and that when they washed/dried them that they used fabric softener. ......
    They used your DF towels :bat ....... how did they gain access to your vault? The fabric softener will make them less absorbant, but I`d think a good hot wash (or two) with some vinegar in the rinse cycles should bring them back. If not you can always boil them for about 10 minutes, but hopefully you won`t need to do that.

Now go to Wal-Mart, Sams, etc. and buy them their own MF`s for Christmas...... and hide those DF`s where they can`t find them
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    That sucks. I hear these stories all of the time. One day my ex business partner come home from work and walks in his garage to find his friend using his entire microfiber collection to soak up grease! LOL As a matter of fact a few weeks ago I found a MF in my basement that my uncle had used after painting my bathroom as a cleanup rag. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s horrible! I would NOT be happy if someone used my premium MFs for anything!

My girlfriend only uses them on her car after we polish or wax it. The ones i buy from Cosco is a little different. My cleaning lady found those one day, but only used a few. And they only cost 10 bucks for a whole bunch.

Post Thanks / Like
    your parents should be fined and as reparations buy you a whole new MF asrenal to preplace what they damaged . . . afterall, its not like their out any money . . . the obviously need expensive MF for the house, so your just selling your used ones and their buying you new ones . . . everybody is a winner

; )
    "Nice wax job rook!" . . . . - Ramathorn

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah my parents know how much i care about my car, and when i found my towels in the laundry i wa a little pissed, especially since i have told them in the past to not use them. So now theyre offering to buy me some new ones, which im not going to decline at all.

Only problem is i had planned to detail the hell out of the car today, guess ill just give it a normal wash instead.

But one question while were on the topic, i use DF towels for polish/wax removal and PakShak WW for drying...are there any other alternatives that i can use that i could buy at a retail store localy? Are the any cheaper alternatives that can get the job done just as good? I tend to use a lot of towels...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had the same thing happen to me. I also recommend boiling them to bring them back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Boiling MF towels? Ive never heard of that before. What exaclty does that do? Does it not harm them in any way?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes boiling them brings them back to life. It will take out all of the polish,wax,detergent,etc. that has build up in them. It is pefectly safe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk
    But one question while were on the topic, i use DF towels for polish/wax removal and PakShak WW for drying...are there any other alternatives that i can use that i could buy at a retail store localy? Are the any cheaper alternatives that can get the job done just as good? I tend to use a lot of towels...

Try doing a search on here. I think some has recommended Vroom towels from Costco, but I`m not sure...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    One day my ex business partner come home from work and walks in his garage to find his friend using his entire microfiber collection to soak up grease! LOL
    Were condolences to your ex business partner`s friend`s family in order after that? (J/K!)

Post Thanks / Like
    No TV or computer use for your parents for two weeks! And take away their cell phones too! That`ll teach them a lesson! And if it doesn`t, next time they lose their driving privileges!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zet
    Try doing a search on here. I think some has recommended Vroom towels from Costco, but I`m not sure...

vroom are from target and the orange preminum ones are good for otc

also walmart has ww in the houseware section that are ok and inexpensive

Post Thanks / Like
    The Megs Supreme Shines are the best OTC MF`s I`ve found. But if you`re going to be ordering a lot of towels, its probably worth it to just get a large order from Pakshak, excel, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha, thats funny. I wouldn`t worry about it. I would of just used them and went on. The fabric softener shouldn`t of hurt the paint.. Just wouldn`t of worked as well. I soaked my MEGS Water magnets in bucket of water with some vinegar. Smelled awful, but they seem to work ALOT better. They had a strange feeling to them before I did it. Kinda like they were coated with wax or something.. They are nice and soft now. :-)

My parents know NOT to use any of my stuff. Thats just a fact of life where I live. haha.

Thread Information