Post Thanks / Like
    I am hoping to get recommedations for a detailer in Louisville KY. Before our son arrived I would have gotten the cars ready for the winter myself, but I just don`t have time anymore. Anyone do detailing or know someone that does in Louisville?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have any suggestions? If not, I`ll head to the phone book, but I`d feel more comfortable if an Autopia member did the work...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive never found a good detailer in Eastern Ky. I go to school at EKU and I would love to find a good detailer. Even thought I detail my own cars, it would be cool to chat and get to know another person that enjoys it like I do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll be going through Louisville in May but that won`t help you now.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I found a mobile detailer last year who came out and worked on my F150 before I sold it. He did a great job. Obsession Mobile Detailng 608-7707 Like you , I was swamped with work and after all the house stuff needing to gety done I just didn`t have the time I needed to devote to it. Pretty reasonable as I recall for the time he spent 5+ hours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks jbriii. I`ll call him now.

Scottwax, It`s funny that you responded because when I posted this I was thinking "I wish I was near Arlington so I could contact Scottwax to work on my cars". I assume you are not on a car detailing national tour, so perhaps some day I`ll get the Scottwax treatment on my car.

Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like
    If I`m not mistaken he has family around Cincy and tavels through here on his way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I talked with the guy at Obsession Mobile Detailing. It`s $120 for wash and wax plus a clean out of the inside. I considered doing mobile detailing at one time, so I know the economics and time involved in the work makes that price fair, but to think of spending $120 to get my car washed and waxed makes me wonder if I can make time one weekend to do it myself. It`s another $20 for clay. I guess I was hoping for a few more steps in the process for around $150. He did sound like a nice guy and I got the initial impression that he knew what he was doing. Thanks again for the tip.

Post Thanks / Like
    but he masks everything and it is a 2 step job, polish and wax. The wash includes and interior cleaning as well.

If you want to get together someitme I need to do my Rover. I`ve got all the stuff (PC, Rotary) and about every polish (Meg, 3M, Blackfire) and wax (P21s, #16, Blackfire) you could ask for. Just need to take the time and do it. Just bought it used and it`s an 02. Has a lot of swirls form the auto carwash I guess. PM me if you want and maybe we could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

John

Thread Information